Valued Contributor

Re: all the tops are to long

Oh, to have the luxury of having something too long.  HEM IT!!

That is something we tall ladies to have the option of.

We can't even go in to a B&M store and find things long enough.

Also, before ordering check the length measurements online and it should be less stressful on you.

Trusted Contributor

The responses to this topic show how differently items can fit on individual women.  I think that's why QVC sells so many 3/4 length sleeves - because they won't get as many returns for being too long or too short.  As for the length of tops, I am 5'5", very average for a woman, and I find many of the tops to be too long.  Through necessity I've become very good at hemming.  I hand-stitch stretchy fabrics with tiny stitches, and make sure to maintain the "stretch" as I go.  It takes time, but it's not so bad in the evening as I watch t.v.  

Honored Contributor

The LOGO tops that Amy models every Monday evening during the LOGO shows are MUCH too long and voluminous on her. And most of those tops can't be shortened unless it's done by a master seamstress b/c the hems are uneven, or have lace or chiffon added on.

It has to be hurting sales for petite women. It's a good case for making more of Lori G's tops available in petite sizes.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Seems like the discussion not long ago was tops are too short. At least if you really like the look of a top that is too long for you, it can be hemmed. We shouldn't have to do it, but it is an option. 

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

The LOGO tops that Amy models every Monday evening during the LOGO shows are MUCH too long and voluminous on her. And most of those tops can't be shortened unless it's done by a master seamstress b/c the hems are uneven, or have lace or chiffon added on.

It has to be hurting sales for petite women. It's a good case for making more of Lori G's tops available in petite sizes.

Well Said!! That's the point that some choose to ignore...hem it, hem it!! Please... at that cost for a cotton top with chiffon or lace hem??? 

Valued Contributor

And I really like the way Amy wears Logo.  In fact, I buy a lot of Logo after seeing it on Amy.   Vive la difference.. we all have a different opinion and the world would be so boring if all of us liked the same thing!

Honored Contributor

The tops are not "to long" ..... they are "too long".

Honored Contributor

@rsimon9228 wrote:

I think it depends on the line.  I am 66,  5 ft 1.5 inches (on a good day), short waisted with long legs.  I have returned clothes - eg. Halston because they were too long and boxy.   On the other hand,  I don't have the same issue with Logo.. since Lori knows how to drape the fabric so that it isn't boxy.. it still frames your figure.  At least it looks good on my frame.. I get compliments whenever I wear them. 

And I'm guessing the aren't ankle length on you.  Or on anyone posting here.

Valued Contributor

Tinkrbl44:  THANK YOU!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The tops are not "to long" ..... they are "too long".

No, the title is correct!  She meant "to long for...."   Smiley Happy