New Contributor

many of the tops on qvc are just to long.  yes, it is nice to discuss how wonderful the tunic length is and covers all the overeating we do, but really if your 5' 2" and below they all become dresses.  i would just like a regular length top to wear with pants, jackets, skirts and not have to look as if i am the freak at a side show.  if you want to continue with the long tops make them in a petite length as well so that i can wear the tunic but it is the appropriate length for the shorter person.  remember we are not all amazons, if fact most are just average or below.

i would also like to address the neck lines, must everything be scoop? again it just drags me down and back it goes.

solution:

1.  make regular length as an option to the tunic

2. make tunics in regular length and petite

Frequent Contributor

Re: all the tops are to long

COULD not agree more!  I would order so much more in shorter lengths!

Honored Contributor

I would disagree.  There are zillions of tops in the inventory that aren't tunic length.

Respected Contributor

@USMC

Do you do most of your shopping on QVC? I see lots of 'regular' length tops out in the B&M world.

If you do mostly shop the Q perhaps you can do a search for tops in one of the lines you like.  I suspect there is more out there than you are seeing in the shows you catch.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hate scoop necklines and the older you get the worse they look - too much (old)  skin showing.  And....too long tops or too short tops?   I think it's about 50 - 50% but I only buy longer ones.  To each his/her own.

Respected Contributor

I have to agree with you fhunt.  I don't like the scoop necklines either. I'm older and the skin doesn't look that good anymore. I'm happy to have lived this long, but really don't like showing so much skin.  And in the winter, I never did like scoop necks except on cocktail wear.  As for the tops, i'm only 5'1" on a good day, and the tops often come to the knee  Not a good look either. I like a tunic top, but one that only covers just past the bottom of the necessary parts.

Yes, I've found some in the B&M stores - not buying much except a few long sleeve tees to replace last year's that are a little old themselves. And I hope to find one pair of slim pants that I like - so far nothing!

Honored Contributor

I'm 5ft 3 and my rule is if they don't show the fashions on a petite model I don't buy it. People who are not petite just don't get it that we are just not short in the length, but shorter in the rise, where the bust starts and the sleeve length. When hosts say get the petite length to wear with flats I want to scream. Either the pants they are selling are just shorter in the length or they don't know what they are talking about, PJD is famous for that. Talbot's online sells a nice line of real petite sized clothing and the price isn't too bad.

Frequent Contributor

For you, maybe....not for me

Honored Contributor

It's not that the tops are too long; it's that the OP is too short.  They are sized for the average woman, who is about 5'5".   Yes, the solution is to either offer petite sizing or for the buyer to take up needle and thread.  Most are perfect for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I often complain they are too short.  I'm 5'5.  I see a good amount of tops at 28 length.