Respected Contributor

Re: all of my logo tops are pilling

I love the style of "some" of the pieces from this line, but am definitely not impressed with the fabric. Way too much money for what you get. I have noticed some pilling too, but my main complaint is the wrinkling. Luckily, I'm fine with ironing, but it's a hassle because of the design of these tops. Between ironing an steaming, I'm able to make the tops looks decent. I would never wear them un-ironed. Looks awful, IMO.

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 momcat said:

I love the style of "some" of the pieces from this line, but am definitely not impressed with the fabric. Way too much money for what you get. I have noticed some pilling too, but my main complaint is the wrinkling. Luckily, I'm fine with ironing, but it's a hassle because of the design of these tops. Between ironing an steaming, I'm able to make the tops looks decent. I would never wear them un-ironed. Looks awful, IMO.

I saw a woman (appeared to be in her 50s) at Wegman's yesterday. She was wearing the cardi with pockets, a tank underneath and a tank with a ruffle under everything...plus leggings. They were various pastel colors...and ALL were faded and pilled. She was about 5'2" and looked like a bag lady. She caught my eye immediately, and NOT in a good way.

I asked her if her clothes were LOGO and she said they were - top to bottom. I acted like I approved (didn't want to be rude)...but made a note NEVER to dress like that myself!

Honored Contributor

Pilling happens because the fabric is manufactured cheaply of short fibers not the much more expensive long fibers. The ends of all those short fibers are where the ""pills"" form. I'm sorry this has happened to you but there is nothing really can be done about it except shaving them off. When the short ends of the fibers are rubbed repeatedly they do this so anywhere there is friction this happens.You should look for fabrics made from long fibers.

Regular Contributor

One of my 95% rayon 5% spandex Logo tops has pilled badly, too, right across the front. I think it is from the friction of a seatbelt and a crossbody bag.

I used a regular twin-blade razor to gently scrape away the pills, and it worked very well.

Honored Contributor

None of my have pilled.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 terrier3 said:

I saw a woman (appeared to be in her 50s) at Wegman's yesterday. She was wearing the cardi with pockets, a tank underneath and a tank with a ruffle under everything...plus leggings. They were various pastel colors...and ALL were faded and pilled. She was about 5'2" and looked like a bag lady. She caught my eye immediately, and NOT in a good way.

I asked her if her clothes were LOGO and she said they were - top to bottom. I acted like I approved (didn't want to be rude)...but made a note NEVER to dress like that myself!

I saw someone dressed head to toe in Logo style clothes at a concert this summer and I too vowed to never look like that.

Respected Contributor

I launder mine in mild detergent....Woolite. None of them have any pilling. I never put them in the dryer. I always air dry and they don't need to be ironed that way.

As far as the comments about seeing a woman in what was construed to be Logo, the market is saturated with clothing that looks like Logo but isn't necessarily so.

Respected Contributor

On 10/4/2014 happy housewife said:

I saw someone dressed head to toe in Logo style clothes at a concert this summer and I too vowed to never look like that.

Dressing head to toe in any fashion can be over-kill. It doesn't really have much to do with it just being Logo clothing. Head to toe of any designer can be redundant and unpleasing to the eye.

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

I launder mine in mild detergent....Woolite. None of them have any pilling. I never put them in the dryer. I always air dry and they don't need to be ironed that way.

As far as the comments about seeing a woman in what was construed to be Logo, the market is saturated with clothing that looks like Logo but isn't necessarily so.

I asked her what she was wearing and she said LOGO from QVC. She was beaming, so I told her I could tell it was LOGO...and I said it with a smile.

Respected Contributor

On 10/4/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

I asked her what she was wearing and she said LOGO from QVC. She was beaming, so I told her I could tell it was LOGO...and I said it with a smile.

I was referencing Happy Housewife"s post and her seeing someone at a concert dressing in what she construed as being Logo.

And not everyone looks good in all designers, including Logo. Rarely is there a woman who does, no matter what her height or weight. Smile