Valued Contributor

Re: all of my logo tops are pilling

the issue of her knits pilling and wearing poorly must distress Lori, too. It is typical QVC to have a perfectly good to very nice design and then execute it in substandard materials. After many years of attending the wholesale fabric shows in L A and NYC, I have seen many quality levels of rayon knit. I have 2 old Logopieces that are sleeveless but the fabric is a bit beefier and the fibers used are longer so the fabric has not pilled like the current rayon the Q uses. I think this is one of the most frustrating things about clothes on the Q - that and dropping the necklines and armholes on plus size garments. Such an easy thing to fix but they are just too cheap to properly alter their patterns and use better fabrics. A little less greed and a higher quality product would increase sales not decrease them.

Respected Contributor

One of the best reasons I don't buy much from the Q in clothing anymore. I can buy a $14.00 tee from Belk, wash it on normal a down times and no pilling. So why would I want to spend MUCH more for a QVC tee when that is the outcome. And what else's do you call Lori's "creations" besides longer tees with "stuff" on the bottom.

Occasional Contributor

I have found mild pilling on my LOGO in high friction areas, such as the seatbelt area and under the arms. A quick going over with the fabric shaver resolves that issue and returns them to their beautiful like-new condition. I wash my LOGO in cold water, inside out. Embellished tops go in a lingerie bag. I put my LOGO into the dryer until they are damp then hang them. I use a garment steamer to freshen before wearing (I hate to iron). That being said, I do not wash anything with open zippers. I feel that zippers can be damaging in the wash so I always make certain to button and zip jeans and jackets prior to washing.

Regular Contributor

I'm a "wash and wear" gal. If it can't go in the washer with everything else, forget it. I have other things to do than monkey around with laundry. I don't have any LOGO pieces because as a general rule I don't spend $60 on a shirt but it sounds like the pilling is coming from cheap fabric. I'd certainly be upset to spend this kind of money on a top and have it pill from a SEAT BELT. Seriously?

Super Contributor

On 5/18/2015 clangle said:

I'm a "wash and wear" gal. If it can't go in the washer with everything else, forget it. I have other things to do than monkey around with laundry. I don't have any LOGO pieces because as a general rule I don't spend $60 on a shirt but it sounds like the pilling is coming from cheap fabric. I'd certainly be upset to spend this kind of money on a top and have it pill from a SEAT BELT. Seriously?

No, not cheap fabric, but rather a fabric that's not as sturdy as your usual "wash and wear."

Pilling is caused by friction. Even your $400 cashmere sweater will pill from a seat belt rubbing against it.

Trusted Contributor

CHEAP fabric = piling.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/18/2015 Kathlen said:
On 5/18/2015 clangle said:

No, not cheap fabric, but rather a fabric that's not as sturdy as your usual "wash and wear."

Pilling is caused by friction. Even your $400 cashmere sweater will pill from a seat belt rubbing against it.

Yes, I'm afraid this is true. Some fabrics (like acrylic) pill more than others, but I have had many an expensive cashmere sweater pill under the arms where the sleeves rub the side of the garment. 'Tis the nature of the beast.

Frequent Contributor

The "French terry" tops (2) I have are pilling on the underside, inside? I washed them together but not with any other tops.? I was wondering if I should wash in-side-out, they may pill on the outside then?

Frequent Contributor

The "French terry" tops (2) I have are pilling on the underside, inside? I washed them together but not with any other tops.? I was wondering if I should wash in-side-out, they may pill on the outside then?

New Contributor

I wore a Logo tank for the first time and it pilled terribly. I tried to shave it but that did not help. There was no friction involved. Why should I even have to shave it when I am spending so much money on it. Logo is NOT an inexpensive item and pilling should never happen. I will seriously think about ordering Logo again.