Honored Contributor

Re: all of my logo tops are pilling

Do you overload your machine? Maybe the bags are doing it? There are so many things it could be.

Honored Contributor

Does your machine have a hand wash cycle? That might help.

Honored Contributor

It would really help if we knew exactly how you launder your stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

What? Thousands of dollars worth of logo clothing? Can not wrap my mind around that statement.

Occasional Visitor

On 9/26/2014 tarajoy said:

I am so sad to see my tops pilling, I launder them in lingerie bags. Any advice, I love the clothing and have ordered thousands of dollars worth.

feb 9,15 I also notice my tops pilling and am thinking of not buying anymore. I love them very much for the style and comfort but want them not to pill

Super Contributor

I started a thread about this problem several months ago. Noticed it after only a couple of washings. Sorry, but I won't waste my money on these ever again. They have been relegated to Weekend DIY project days. Very comfy but they look terrible after only a couple of washes.

Contributor

I recently ordered several LOGO tops fo the first time and wore one today. I love the top but after coming home I noticed a patch on my upper left chest area that is pilling. I was in the the car a lot today, in and out looking at homes all day. But still, this saddens me. Pilling after the first wear! And I ordered three more of the same exact style (the was some sort of promo pricing plus I couldn't decide on color) as well as two other tops. I just spent a lot of money on LOGO and now I'm wondering if I should send them back. I did get several compliments today though, and they are comfortable. It's just too bad about the pilling. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

On 3/13/2015 mizzpeabody said: I recently ordered several LOGO tops fo the first time and wore one today. I love the top but after coming home I noticed a patch on my upper left chest area that is pilling. I was in the the car a lot today, in and out looking at homes all day. But still, this saddens me. Pilling after the first wear! And I ordered three more of the same exact style (the was some sort of promo pricing plus I couldn't decide on color) as well as two other tops. I just spent a lot of money on LOGO and now I'm wondering if I should send them back. I did get several compliments today though, and they are comfortable. It's just too bad about the pilling. Smiley Sad

Probably from the seat belt rubbing. Friction/abrasion will cause pilling. Even the strap from a handbag/tote will be a problem.

I once ruined a sweater with a straw bag ... some things just require a bit more attention when wearing.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't have time to worry constantly about whether or not my seat belt or a handbag strap was going to make my clothing pill.

I have a lot of pieces of different lines I've bought from QVC, in addition to B&M stores, and I'm in and out of the car a lot and wear a shoulder bag. Very few of them have ever had a problem with pilling, and I don't have to treat them with kid gloves when washing.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 Crisso said:

Sorry to hear that, OP. I have not had any of mine do this. I don't put them in the dryer, but rather hang or lay flat to dry. That may make all the difference.

I don't put any of my tops or skirts from any designer in dryer either. I think this makes a difference with all the clothes. At today's prices, and not so stellar fabrics and construction, this method lengthens the life of my clothes.