Not applicable

all of my logo tops are pilling

I am so sad to see my tops pilling, I launder them in lingerie bags. Any advice, I love the clothing and have ordered thousands of dollars worth.

Super Contributor

Re: all of my logo tops are pilling

Pilling is caused by friction ... something is rubbing against the fabric. Is the pilling in the same place on each piece? For instance - maybe your seat belt is rubbing? You can fix it with a fabric shaver.

Here's info from the Wise Geek website

Fabric pilling is the formation of small, fuzzy balls on the surface of a fabric. It detracts from the appearance of the fabric, making it look old and worn, and it is often difficult to restore a garment with fabric pilling to its original condition. Certain types of fibers and weaves are more prone to fabric pilling than others, but it is often a normal part of wear and tear.

Short or loose fibers on the surface of a fabric tend to tangle together, leading to fabric pilling. Fuzzier fabrics, like angora, are particularly prone to fabric pilling, since they are characterized by plentiful loose fibers. In other textiles, fabric pilling occurs either due to the natural tendency of fibers to migrate to the surface of a woven fabric or as a result of friction on the fabric surface, which loosens fibers and tangles them. This friction may be a result of wear and tear, or of improper laundering techniques. Fabric pilling is more likely to occur in areas of the clothing that experience more friction, such as under the arms and on the sides of a sweater.

Respected Contributor

Hand wash. Fabric shavers are a pain.

Trusted Contributor

Thousands of dollars worth? Wow. You must really be a big fan. I'm sorry such a big investment is deteriorating. Maybe you could contact customer service or contact Lori Goldstein on her FB page.

Not applicable

I'm having the same issue and I agree it's from friction. Anything like a seatbelt or crossbody bag causes pilling. I use a fabric shaver (the Gleener I bought from QVC) & it works well but it's not perfect. Her clothes are so comfortable but I won't buy anymore because the fabric is so extremely sensitive which makes them not suitable for everyday life. You can't wear them out in public because you look like a slob with the pilling (the exception is black as it's not as noticeable) & her clothes are way too expensive to buy just to wear around the house.
Honored Contributor

Thousands of dollars' worth of LOGO? Unless you ordered them all at the same time, you would have noticed pilling along the way.

I have several LOGO tops and cardigans and none have pilled. I wash on cold and hang to dry and touch up with an iron.

Respected Contributor

Where are you noticing the pilling? I have many LOGO pieces from sweaters to tees and not one has ever pilled. ??? No lingerie bags, just toss in and wash. ?? There has to be reason some have pilling.
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, that is the nature of thinner knits. I have to baby mine and hand wash, lay flat to dry. I did test a top INSIDE OUT in a lingerie bag on gentle cycle twice and it is OK but it doesn't look like the others I have that are older. I use a gentle no fragrance detergent, too. I wish I could be of more help. Although I love this line, I'm not going to get anymore tops but I will continue to buy her vests that stand the test of time and are great.
Super Contributor

On 9/27/2014 mjk9mom said: I'm having the same issue and I agree it's from friction. Anything like a seatbelt or crossbody bag causes pilling. I use a fabric shaver (the Gleener I bought from QVC) & it works well but it's not perfect. Her clothes are so comfortable but I won't buy anymore because the fabric is so extremely sensitive which makes them not suitable for everyday life. You can't wear them out in public because you look like a slob with the pilling (the exception is black as it's not as noticeable) & her clothes are way too expensive to buy just to wear around the house.

You can get a much better fabric shaver than that for less money. A battery operated Conaire Defuzzer is only $11.99 at Amazon. I've used this type for years ... easy to use, no damage to fabrics.

I looked at the Gleener video ... it looks more likely to cause more damage to finer gauge fabrics.

Super Contributor

On 9/27/2014 brii said:

Thousands of dollars' worth of LOGO? Unless you ordered them all at the same time, you would have noticed pilling along the way.

I have several LOGO tops and cardigans and none have pilled. I wash on cold and hang to dry and touch up with an iron.

Brii, I tend to agree with you, that's how I care for the few items I have. But I just find it hard to believe that you put an iron to her fashions. Not because it helps the appearance, but just because I think the whole idea of her clothing style is the relaxed, easy look. If I have to put an iron to that look it would infuriate me ! Enough that I keep up my dressy look but to me hers is the most casual look. No ironing for me on THAT !!

But more power to you for caring so much about your wardrobe and your appearance. (Somehow I just can't picture Lori G. standing over an iron before donning her fashions, lol !) {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}