Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

https://www.lifebeginsat.com.au/26-stylish-seniors-who-refuse-to-wear-old-people-clothes/

These are models dressed for a photo shoot, not everyday people on the street.

@mom2four0418  Did you read the page and see the models before you posted.  

Honored Contributor

Back in 2012, Ari Seth Cohen had a book called "Advanced Style."  I have the book around here somewhere.  Amazon still carries it.  This updated edition is "Advanced Style:  Older and Wiser."

One of my favorite expressions comes from the book:

Fashion says "me too."  Style says "only me."

Respected Contributor

I believe some of my southern ff would probably comment "well, bless thier hearts " Smiley Happy 

I liked the newsprint ensemble also as another poster commented.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

People are free to say anything about my dress ,they please. I dress to please me, and so do they. I would never wear their look, nor, do I think it looks good.

If you can't give an honest fashion critique, there isn't much point in posting. That is not the same thing, as making fun of other people

I am old ,so it isn't like I am poking fun at others ,because of their age. I am their age

If you don't like something, you don't like it. I didn't say they shouldn't wear it. I don't care what they wear. I said I never have ,and never will.

@cherry

you can disagree with someone's choices yet still respect their right to make them. That's lacking here and I'm NOT singling you out.

Honored Contributor

@AndreatooI had no idea who you were referring to.  Thank you. I think people should be able to say what they think ,as long as they don't  make fun of other people.

I will never pretend to like something. It just isn't me.That stuff wasn't my style when I was in my 20's. I think it looks worse, now I am in my 70's

Honored Contributor

I don't think these women are trying to look younger.  I think they are just dressing in clothing that they enjoy wearing.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@AndreatooI had no idea who you were referring to.  Thank you. I think people should be able to say what they think ,as long as they don't  make fun of other people.

I will never pretend to like something. It just isn't me.That stuff wasn't my style when I was in my 20's. I think it looks worse, now I am in my 70's

@cherry

Nor should it be.

Regular Contributor

love many of these outfits! absolutely support anyone of any age who wants to wear them.  if the clothes fit, wear them!

Honored Contributor

Love ya @cherry, you sound so naturally beautiful inside and out. It is so refreshing to hear when we are not trying hard.  Just enjoy what we like and are comfortable with our choices.

Esteemed Contributor

I refuse to wear old peoples clothes too, but not these.  I am a skinny jeans & leggings girl. I consider baggy teeshirts & pull up elastic waist jeans old peoples clothes.