Honored Contributor

Re: ? about todays big deal denim & co

don't like the material looks like my wash cloths from Target.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is something about knit french terry that I like but I wouldn't do a set and I don't really like that top.  

But I have to give Gary a high five for putting side slits on that top.  As someone who is "hippy", I get so annoyed with tops that are cut straight across the bottom and have no side slits.  They end up pulling funny or are too tight. If I go up a size, the top is too big everywhere else. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There is something about knit french terry that I like but I wouldn't do a set and I don't really like that top.  

But I have to give Gary a high five for putting side slits on that top.  As someone who is "hippy", I get so annoyed with tops that are cut straight across the bottom and have no side slits.  They end up pulling funny or are too tight. If I go up a size, the top is too big everywhere else. 

It's actually knit terry, not knit french terry; the loops are on the outside. There have been several very popular tops made of this fabric over the years, and I noticed that this year they started using it for skorts, crops, etc. as well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jonbon   This is terry cloth (like towels) not french terry.  I love French Terry and have a lot of it.  A couple years ago, I didn't pay enough attention to the description and ordered a terry item.  It was awful and I returned it.  I agree that it looks like scrubs and the fact that it is terry would make it even worse looking IMO.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I find that terry does not hold up well and it's hot to wear in summer.  It snags and gets "pulls" in it and seems to get dingy-looking after a little wear.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@jonbon   This is terry cloth (like towels) not french terry.  I love French Terry and have a lot of it.  A couple years ago, I didn't pay enough attention to the description and ordered a terry item.  It was awful and I returned it.  I agree that it looks like scrubs and the fact that it is terry would make it even worse looking IMO.

Yes, I know. It was another poster who referred to it as french terry, and I was the one who clarified for her by saying that it was stretch terry, not stretch french terry.