Honored Contributor

a354586-what do you think of this?

I was watching the Dujour host show this top which is about $27 and pretty.

She explained you should wear a strapless bra.

Then on the video, the host was saying you could wear a bra.

If you wore one with straps, it would definitely show.

The strange thing-if you look at the left shoulder it is very thin. The right shoulder/sleeve is wide.

The guest was wearing it and one side kept slipping; the wide side. Then she quickly pulled her long hair totally over both "straps."

No one ever explained why one side was much thinner. It looked strange but I guess it was supposed to be that way. Still, because of that and the "clearance" of $27, I  wouldn't get it. And why do they have to be deceptive about how it fits?

Even in the video, the model's long hair is purposely covering up one side! Really if they want us to trust QVC, they should be honest about presentations.

But then I guess things wouldn't sell, and they are counting on money from returns knowing there will be.

I also noticed, they took away all of the reviews for this! There had to be reviews if it is on clearance!They kept the 4 and 5 star reviews up on the other Dujour pieces and one 2 1/2. All others had no reviews.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: a354586-what do you think of this?

From the back view, the straps are very skimpy.   Yes, you would need a strapless.    That is a deal breaker for me..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I don't like anything about it. I don't think it is going to sell very well

Honored Contributor

Although I honestly think this is one of these “decide for yourself” items, I got the giggles remembering that I haven’t worn a strapless bra with any comfort since My BF’s Junior Prom (think DECADES). 

Whatever the discussion amongst the sellers, I’d likely be looking at another, similar choice

Esteemed Contributor

The whole outfit reminds me of a 2-piece bathing suit, the kind with shorts. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I just looked and there is one 4 star review, mentioning a discrepancy in the fabric description.

Maybe that was the only review submitted?

I do agree with you though about the model's hair (or scarves, jackets, etc.) covering the fit through the shoulders and they seem to do that a lot. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The video I just watched had a model with short hair.  There was no problem with the straps.  The straps are the same size, the right shoulder strap has a ruffle that crosses the bustline and goes across to the left side seam.

I dont care for it but your review is not totally correct.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Last time I even tried on a top or a dress under which strapless was indicated, I was 17 and preparing to head to my senior prom.  Heading to my 60th class reunion later this summer!

I'm passing on this top and any top even remotely suggesting my bra straps will show.  I'm not all that into clothes having to be age appropriate, but lots of bra straps are just not all that pretty to begin with so adding on most older bodies? Not my taste.

Honored Contributor

I like the prints but the style is weird.  Definitely would need a strapless bra and if the host said otherwise, she is mistaken.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie -

Thanks. I'll have to watch it again. 

I was watching live and the pictures.

Then someone mentioned the back, and I looked at the pictures again and both the straps on the back are thin so you would have to wear a strapless bra.

Anyway, I see what you mean about the ruffle.

I wonder if they put that 4 star review up after my post cause it wasn't there when I first looked a few hours ago.Maybe they are just starting to add all the 4 star reviews they can find!

Oh well. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"