Honored Contributor

Re: a bit of bootcut, please

I love the skinny look. The skinnier, the better. I'm thin to begin with. I have skinny hips and a small butt. My body is the same as the models. Except that I'm 5'4". I have worn all kind of jeans. They all have one thing in common, I love them tight. Jeans are meant to be tight. Boot cut is my least favorite. If you're going to wear boot cut, go all out in to flares. But no, I don't see this conservative style going anywhere big again for a long time. There's the baby bootcut to keep the bootcup lovers happy. The look forward is looser straight pants. Same with jeans. Boyfriend type with rolled up bottoms.

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 kittymomNC said:

Fashion experts say that if you want to balance out your hips, the boot cut is the best design to do that. If the pant is too skinny at the bottom and you have larger hips, it emphasizes the hips.

I, unfortunately, am one of those women who don't have much to speak of in the way of hips, but I carry my weight more in my middle, and I think the boot cut looks much better on me. The straight leg is second, if it is a true straight leg. Too many of the Q's so-called "straight leg" pants and jeans are actually tapered to the bottom, and I don't understand why so many people don't believe that - they insist they're straight-leg, even though the pant measurements say otherwise. If a pant is 18" at the knee, and 13" at the bottom opening, there's just no getting around it, it's a tapered pant. Sometimes the design camouflages it, but it's still a tapered pant.

Long live the boot cut! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And please bring back the Denim & Co How Smooth boot cut IN THE ORIGINAL SIZING, not the "improved" sizing in the "straight leg" which ruined this jean.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

ITA with everything you said. Issac said the last time I saw him on TV that the skinny jean fad is fading and straight leg & bootcuts are going to come back because that is what most women are looking for. Of course, at the time he was selling a pair of bootcuts.

The last thing I am looking to wear are pants that have to stretch out in order to get them on then fit like sausage skin - horrible look IMO.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm glad to hear that the skinny jean fad is on its way out. Skinny jeans are a classic and will always be sold, but lately that's mostly what they sell. I hate the feeling of denim squeezing my legs all the way down to my ankles. I've tried going up a size, but they were still way too tight with a huge waist. I am done even trying to buy skinny pants. I hate them. It's good to hear that there will be more options available.

P.S.: I am so tired of hearing vendors on QVC and HSN talk about how they are in a size 2 or 4 when it couldn't be clearer that they couldn't even pull those sizes up past their knees. I'm smaller than them and take a 6 or 8. It's insulting to the viewer, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 winamac1 said:
On 10/4/2014 ECBG said:

Fashion experts say that if you want to balance out your hips, the boot cut is the best design to do that. If the pant is too skinny at the bottom and you have larger hips, it emphasizes the hips.

I, unfortunately, am one of those women who don't have much to speak of in the way of hips, but I carry my weight more in my middle, and I think the boot cut looks much better on me. The straight leg is second, if it is a true straight leg. Too many of the Q's so-called "straight leg" pants and jeans are actually <em>tapered to the bottom</em>, and I don't understand why so many people don't believe that - they insist they're straight-leg, even though the pant measurements say otherwise. If a pant is 18" at the knee, and 13" at the bottom opening, there's just no getting around it, it's a <em>tapered</em> pant. Sometimes the design camouflages it, but it's still a tapered pant.

Long live the boot cut! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And please bring back the <em>Denim & Co How Smooth</em> boot cut IN THE ORIGINAL SIZING, not the "improved" sizing in the "straight leg" which ruined this jean.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Are you counting the real one that is tight in the knee then flares out?

Good luck to you!

Don't know what you mean by "the real one"....and I definitely don't do hiphuggers!{#emotions_dlg.blink}Smile

This jean is what I like!

Me,too....if I was 25 years younger and 15 pounds lighter!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.laugh} But fortunately for those people who see me out and about nowadays, that style is over for me...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

I just bought the boyfriend jeans from Chico's. That store is not usually my style but their pants fit me well. The jeans have a tapered leg, but don't cling, so the usual skinny jean issues aren't a problem. I don't look out of proportion like I do in skinnies. They look great rolled up with short boots. They do have a higher waist, but I don't tuck shirts in so I dont care.
Respected Contributor

Isaac said this morning that everybody has been waiting for bootcut.....I guess you need to check his items to see what he's got.

Honored Contributor

For several years QVC did the big brainwash thing that if you want your hips to look smaller then wear bootcuts because that was what they were selling. Then all of a sudden - all they have are the skinnys and they are trying to retrain us to think that is what we want. Clearly, most women who own mirrors can see that skinny jeans are not at all what we want.Hopefully, the world of retail is going to see that real women with real women's curves do not want to wear skinny anything.

Honored Contributor

And the second worst look after skinny jeans is the muffin top hanging out over the tops of low rider jeans. WAIT - that may easily be the worst look !!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/5/2014 happy housewife said:

And the second worst look after skinny jeans is the muffin top hanging out over the tops of low rider jeans. WAIT - that may easily be the worst look !!!

They muffin top is in all jeans no matter what leg style. Even really young girls have a round belly peeking out. Though the boot cut is dated, the waist line is still low with the belly still sticking out. The solution to that is the high waist-ed jean. I love them. I wear skinny jeans with the high waist rise(about 10 1/2" up) The boot cut is still dowdy to me and the skinny will always be a classic. What I love about the skinny jean is that it outlines you leg. And if you've got good legs, you've got something to show.

Young girls will always wear the skinny. Low rise is 7"-8", mid rise is 9", high rise start around 10" I think the highest rise is 11" New Rag & Bone....

Honored Contributor

Those jeans only look good on women built like this model.How many women are built like a model?