Respected Contributor

I am tired of all straight leg pant choices. Sure am not going to wear leggings. Seem too many 10 lb. hams in a 5 lb. sack looks at the mall. A few choices would be great. Not elephant or bell bottoms but a bootcut.

Super Contributor

Re: a bit of bootcut, please

I too love the boot cut.

Esteemed Contributor

Fashion experts say that if you want to balance out your hips, the boot cut is the best design to do that. If the pant is too skinny at the bottom and you have larger hips, it emphasizes the hips.

I, unfortunately, am one of those women who don't have much to speak of in the way of hips, but I carry my weight more in my middle, and I think the boot cut looks much better on me. The straight leg is second, if it is a true straight leg. Too many of the Q's so-called "straight leg" pants and jeans are actually tapered to the bottom, and I don't understand why so many people don't believe that - they insist they're straight-leg, even though the pant measurements say otherwise. If a pant is 18" at the knee, and 13" at the bottom opening, there's just no getting around it, it's a tapered pant. Sometimes the design camouflages it, but it's still a tapered pant.

Long live the boot cut! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And please bring back the Denim & Co How Smooth boot cut IN THE ORIGINAL SIZING, not the "improved" sizing in the "straight leg" which ruined this jean.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

The Isaac boot cut pants from this AM show have a VERY small flare.

I ordered them in black - I think they will be very versatile.

Esteemed Contributor

I have what my mother used to call "child bearing hips"! Leggings, jeggings, or straight cut pants look terrible on me - makes me look like I have a bigger hip line than I do! I only wear boot cut, but have requested a slight boot cut from several clothing lines --- Denim and Co and Quacker Factory etc. Don't like the big flared out pants leg...just a medium boot cut!!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 terrier3 said:

The Isaac boot cut pants from this AM show have a VERY small flare.

I ordered them in black - I think they will be very versatile.

I liked them. I didn't order as I wanted a slightly bigger flare at the bottom; For my figure type, I like lean , long,close to the body and a flare of 19 inches at the bottom.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 kittymomNC said:

Fashion experts say that if you want to balance out your hips, the boot cut is the best design to do that. If the pant is too skinny at the bottom and you have larger hips, it emphasizes the hips.

I, unfortunately, am one of those women who don't have much to speak of in the way of hips, but I carry my weight more in my middle, and I think the boot cut looks much better on me. The straight leg is second, if it is a true straight leg. Too many of the Q's so-called "straight leg" pants and jeans are actually tapered to the bottom, and I don't understand why so many people don't believe that - they insist they're straight-leg, even though the pant measurements say otherwise. If a pant is 18" at the knee, and 13" at the bottom opening, there's just no getting around it, it's a tapered pant. Sometimes the design camouflages it, but it's still a tapered pant.

Long live the boot cut! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And please bring back the Denim & Co How Smooth boot cut IN THE ORIGINAL SIZING, not the "improved" sizing in the "straight leg" which ruined this jean.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Are you counting the real one that is tight in the knee then flares out?

Good luck to you!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/4/2014 ECBG said:

I, unfortunately, am one of those women who don't have much to speak of in the way of hips, but I carry my weight more in my middle, and I think the boot cut looks much better on me. The straight leg is second, if it is a true straight leg. Too many of the Q's so-called "straight leg" pants and jeans are actually <em>tapered to the bottom</em>, and I don't understand why so many people don't believe that - they insist they're straight-leg, even though the pant measurements say otherwise. If a pant is 18" at the knee, and 13" at the bottom opening, there's just no getting around it, it's a <em>tapered</em> pant. Sometimes the design camouflages it, but it's still a tapered pant.

Long live the boot cut! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And please bring back the <em>Denim & Co How Smooth</em> boot cut IN THE ORIGINAL SIZING, not the "improved" sizing in the "straight leg" which ruined this jean.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Good luck to you!

Don't know what you mean by "the real one"....and I definitely don't do hiphuggers!{#emotions_dlg.blink}Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/4/2014 corita said:

I have what my mother used to call "child bearing hips"! Leggings, jeggings, or straight cut pants look terrible on me - makes me look like I have a bigger hip line than I do! I only wear boot cut, but have requested a slight boot cut from several clothing lines --- Denim and Co and Quacker Factory etc. Don't like the big flared out pants leg...just a medium boot cut!!!

I have the original boot cut How Smooth jeans...the knee circumference is 17.5" and bottom opening is 18.5" on a size 10. It's definitely not what I would consider a flare, it's just enough to be considered a boot cut. If you look at the knee and bottom openings on any of the other boot cuts, that might tell you if it would work for you. I wish they would bring these back exactly as they were - there were so many people raving about them and wanting more colors, and then they changed them. {#emotions_dlg.crying} They should have adhered to that old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 ECBG said:

I, unfortunately, am one of those women who don't have much to speak of in the way of hips, but I carry my weight more in my middle, and I think the boot cut looks much better on me. The straight leg is second, if it is a true straight leg. Too many of the Q's so-called "straight leg" pants and jeans are actually <em>tapered to the bottom</em>, and I don't understand why so many people don't believe that - they insist they're straight-leg, even though the pant measurements say otherwise. If a pant is 18" at the knee, and 13" at the bottom opening, there's just no getting around it, it's a <em>tapered</em> pant. Sometimes the design camouflages it, but it's still a tapered pant.

Long live the boot cut! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And please bring back the <em>Denim & Co How Smooth</em> boot cut IN THE ORIGINAL SIZING, not the "improved" sizing in the "straight leg" which ruined this jean.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Good luck to you!

Don't know what you mean by "the real one"....and I definitely don't do hiphuggers!{#emotions_dlg.blink}Smile

This jean is what I like!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"