Honored Contributor

No problems but be careful that you use the size chart for each clothing item you purchase.  Don't make any asumptions.  I had a couple fit problems but it was totally my fault.  I forgot that manufacturers all have different size charts.

Honored Contributor

I buy from Zulily often.  Most of it is households items.  I did buy shoes, shoes, socks and jewelry a few times.

In all the years, I have purchased items, I only had one item, a pair of earrings, that were received damaged.  I contacted CS and they refunded all of my money, gave me an extra $10 credit for my trouble and told me to not return the earrings.

I mostly stick to brands I am familiar with.

Occasional Contributor

I haven't bought anything from Zulily in a few years but I was pleased with the things I bought in the past. Can't beat the deals on Marika fitness wear and I've also been able to find some beautiful unique clothing for great prices. As I recall, some things were return for store credit only, some were not, so you have to check before you buy if that's something you're concerned about.

Honored Contributor

I'm in my 4th year of shopping at Zulily and have bought many very nice things.  I think the biggest bargains are in shoes; I've literally bought dozens.  I've also purchased many wonderful things for my home, both practical and some just beautiful.

I've only recently purchased a few pieces of clothing which so far have been fine.  I did study the measurements carefully before I ordered and so far, they've fit okay.

IMHO Zulily's CS is second to none.  I've had a number of instances where things have arrived broken.  I snap a picture of it, sent it in an email to CS and they instantly refunded my money and issed a $10 credit.  I've never had to return anything.  Only recently, I got a couple pairs of shoes with which I wasn't happy.  They just had minor flaws like shoe strings too short to tie.  I send CS an email stating I didnt want anything but thought they should know their vendors were taking advantage of them.  Within 30 min I got a response where they gave me a full refund for both pairs plus a $10 credit, and I kept the shoes.

For the record, QVC did not buy Zulily.  They're both owned by the Qurate Retail Group.  See the bottom of this page for other companies they own.

@Foxxee 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I used to buy from Zulily years ago and stopped because they wouldn’t let you return items. After QVC purchased Zulily, I started buying again because they have a very good return policy. Lately, I’ve been returning most of the clothing items that I bought. My reasons are mostly size-related, although I check the size charts before I buy anything. Sometimes the texture of an item doesn’t feel right. I’ve been very happy with the shoes I bought from Zulily and I got a gorgeous tooled leather purse at a great price. There are some terrific deals to be had, but some items are only a dollar or so cheaper than you can get them at other vendors. When you return something to Zulily, they credit your account as opposed to your credit card. There’s an $8.95 return fee, but you can return 5 items in the same package for that fee. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm in my 4th year of shopping at Zulily and have bought many very nice things.  I think the biggest bargains are in shoes; I've literally bought dozens.  I've also purchased many wonderful things for my home, both practical and some just beautiful.

I've only recently purchased a few pieces of clothing which so far have been fine.  I did study the measurements carefully before I ordered and so far, they've fit okay.

IMHO Zulily's CS is second to none.  I've had a number of instances where things have arrived broken.  I snap a picture of it, sent it in an email to CS and they instantly refunded my money and issed a $10 credit.  I've never had to return anything.  Only recently, I got a couple pairs of shoes with which I wasn't happy.  They just had minor flaws like shoe strings too short to tie.  I send CS an email stating I didnt want anything but thought they should know their vendors were taking advantage of them.  Within 30 min I got a response where they gave me a full refund for both pairs plus a $10 credit, and I kept the shoes.

For the record, QVC did not buy Zulily.  They're both owned by the Qurate Retail Group.  See the bottom of this page for other companies they own.

@Foxxee 

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee 

@Kachina624 

Yes, as I said, I have been happy with a few purchases.  Good to know you have had good experiences.

My Gucci sunglasses experience about 5-6 years ago as discussed was when Zulily was on its own prior to the time it was purchased in 2015. No photo was requested. I offered to return the sunglasses so they could see the damage.  NOPE!  They couldn't do that.  I was about to lose $189 because of a no return, no refund, no credit policy even when it was clearly their fault.  The sunglasses were unwearable.  I have no reason to exaggerate or fib.  Obviously, Zulily has come a long way since then, as you have experienced.

As for QVC purchasing Zulily.  August 2015, Zulily was purchased by Liberty Interactive's QVC division for $2.4 billion.

QVC, a subsidiary that was called Liberty Interactive under parent company Liberty Media Corporation.  Zulily joined that division in 2015.  When HSN was purchased along with Frontgate, Grandin Road, and others, Liberty Interactive was renamed to Qurate in 2018.  So, at the time of Zulily's purchase in 2015, Qurate wasn't in existence.

CEO of Qurate is Mike George.  The CEO of QVC is still Mike George.  QVC's Mike George heads all of the retailers in Qurate even though Zulily and HSN retain their own CEO's.

Business reports it was QVC's CEO Mike George's idea to purchase Zulily and 100% stake in HSN because of QVC's increasingly competitive environment...mainly Amazon.  Some reports say it was parent company, Liberty Media that made the purchases.  With some business reports saying it was Liberty Interactive...the QVC division...some saying it was Liberty Media Corp that purchased Zilily and HSN, who is actually bearing the financial burden, Liberty Media or QVC?

So, am I far off base saying QVC purchased Zulily?  Qurate didn't buy it because at the time Qurate wasn't in existence.  Isn't it less complicated to say QVC bought Zulily rather than confuse everyone with names like Liberty Media and Liberty Interactive? That's my thinking, anyway. 

Trusted Contributor

I only order trusted brands from Zullily. I once bought a dress that looked beautiful on the site, but the fabric was horrible. I didn't even bother to go through the hassle of trying to return it. Now I mostly buy shoes from brands I know and love.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson