Frequent Contributor

Zulily Offering Q products question

I understand the Q owns Zulily but I don't understand how they can sell their regular new merchandise on both sites with a huge price difference.  I ordered 2 tops from one of the Q's more popular designers (LOGO) from Zulily. I paid around $39.00 each on Zulily with one shipping charge of $5.00.  Next one had free shipping.  I checked Q before ordering and they were still available on an introductory price of around $58.00.  I checked today as I just received them and they are nowl available but at the regular price of $64.75 - same colors I ordered. Shipping takes forever so if you need something soon you can't rely Zulily at all but the huge price difference makes the wait worth th $$$ saved.  Has anyone else noticed this? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Zulily Offering Q products question

@OutofMadison wrote:

I understand the Q owns Zulily but I don't understand how they can sell their regular new merchandise on both sites with a huge price difference.  I ordered 2 tops from one of the Q's more popular designers (LOGO) from Zulily. I paid around $39.00 each on Zulily with one shipping charge of $5.00.  Next one had free shipping.  I checked Q before ordering and they were still available on an introductory price of around $58.00.  I checked today as I just received them and they are nowl available but at the regular price of $64.75 - same colors I ordered. Shipping takes forever so if you need something soon you can't rely Zulily at all but the huge price difference makes the wait worth th $$$ saved.  Has anyone else noticed this? 

Sometimes they are irregulars.  This is the same with stores like TJ Maxx and so on.  Slightly irregular.  That is the only reason I can think of or they are returns.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Yes, I've noticed it.  What puzzles me is a certain color top is on waitlist at the q and available at zulily.  I am guessing that they commit certain inventory and go with it.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@OutofMadison wrote:

Sometimes they are irregulars.  This is the same with stores like TJ Maxx and so on.  Slightly irregular.  That is the only reason I can think of or they are returns.

The clothing at zulily is first quality.  No returns either.  It's the same as what's selling on the q.

Respected Contributor

do they sell philosophy products?

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@OutofMadison wrote:

The clothing at zulily is first quality.  No returns either.  It's the same as what's selling on the q.

I've read otherwise.  Lots of irregular items there.  A quick google search should pull up some info one way or another though.

*Call Tyrone*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've ordered over a dozen pieces of logo and d&c and it was all perfect.

No philosophy, yet.  Lots of q items showing up each month.

Honored Contributor

First, QVC does not own Zulily!  They're both owned by Liberty Interactive.  Each has its own CEO and they operate independently.

Zulily does not sell irregulars or seconds and they don't sell returns or old merchandise.  They get their merchandise direct from manufacturers and distributors.  I've ordered literally dozens of shoes from them.  Each comes in a factory fresh box that has obviously never been opened.  Tissue is unrumpled and all the packing material is in each shoe which is pristine with no marks or scratches even on the sole.

You can find a ton of information on Zulily's website...all their policies and procedures, how they operate.  They don't take returns unless something arrives broken or the wrong item is sent.

i have no idea how they can sell current QVC merchandise so much cheaper except they get it from the same sources and don't have the overhead QVC has.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@OutofMadison wrote:

@itiswhatitis  You are mistaken.  They do not sell anything even a little bit irregular.  They don't sell returns.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your responses.  I forgot to add the two tops were in original packaging with tissue and had QVC item number on them.