Honored Contributor

So many cute clothing items on Zulily but I never heard of the brands.  Have you purchased any fashions from them and how did they live up to your expectations

Honored Contributor

I have and these off brands are very poor quality so I just buy brands that I familiar with. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I have and these off brands are very poor quality so I just buy brands that I familiar with. 

Thanks.  I thought so.  Can't go by pictures.  No reviews.  Very little description.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Thanks.  I thought so.  Can't go by pictures.  No reviews.  Very little description.

You're very welcome! I found the sizing on these to run small and a few items arrived with a lot of wrinkles! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Zulily Fashions

[ Edited ]

Quite a few run small, sometimes, very much so.  I stay away from the lower priced items because they look low quality.  

I prefer to go with brand names with which I am familiar.

I always look at the retail price first, then Zulily's price.  Those with low retail prices often run very small.  For example, I ordered some t-shirts, priced at $20 retail, $9.99 Zulily.  Surprisingly they were good quality, but I would have had to buy two-three sizes larger.  Returned  and gave up.  

For brands I'm not familiar with, I look up on the internet to see if there is more information.  

Occasionally, I find a few very good quality unique pieces on Zulily at good prices.  A $300 long wool knit sweater coat for $100, a French brand made in France.  Perfect sizing.

The problem with Zulily, though, besides slow shipping, is there are no refunds, at least I never got one. So, they hold on to our money until we find something else. 

As for shipping, I waited 6 weeks to receive the knit coat.  Maybe, it was shipped from France to Zulily since labels on the coat are in French, then to me, I don't know, but that was a very long wait.  

Honored Contributor

I ordered a shirt this summer, I believe the brand was Suzanne Betro. I ordered one size up, and the shirt was surprisingly nice. If you order something, make sure you don't need it right away, their shipping is so slow.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Same here.  That goes for both clothes and shoes IMO.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse.  I've had the same experience.  Cheap fabric, poor construction, off sizing.  Don't be tempted unless its a name brand.  Be careful of no-name-brand shoes too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Isn't Zulily the site where you can't even peruse their wares without signing up?

I never have

Honored Contributor

I have bought many clothing items and found some to be not true to size but often they tell you runs big or small and to order up or down.  I like Suzanne Betro and found the sizing to be true to size for me.  Also,  their CS has been excellent!  No issues receiving a refund if items not recceived that are showing delivered.  Some things, however, are not really that much of a bargain and   the shipping is $5.99 but after ordering one item you can have multiple orders the rest of the day free shipping.