Honored Contributor

Zella Live In High Waist Leggings

I've been wanting to try them for a while, have read that they get rave reviews. I shy away from leggings because of my figure flaws, but if I could find one good black pair and wear them with the right long tops...maybe.

They're normally around $55 at Nordstrom but they have some for $35.90 with the anniversary sale. I was all set to order a pair then I started to read the reviews. People who had bought them early access said that they're not the same fit and fabric that they used to be. I knew it was too good to be true...

_12833029.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Zella Live In High Waist Leggings

@Greeneyedlady21  Have you tried Spanx leggings? I know they’re pricey but I love them.They pull me in & with the right tunic make me look taller & thinner.I get compliments every time I wear them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 I don't know your size or figure flaws...but I am plus-sized, pear-shaped and 63 y/o. I shied away from leggings for a long time, but I discovered  A294351 Women with Control Regular Pull on Ponte Royale Leggings (they also come in petite, I think) in January and I really like them! I bought  a 2X and a 3X, and ended up keeping both. The 2X fits more like a legging but still not too tight, the 3X is more like a very slim pant. I'm usually a 1X-2X, or a size 20W in pants.

These are dressier feeling than the leggings with cotton, they wash beautifully (cold water, hang dry), haven't pilled at all. They don't show my lumps & bumps...and believe me, I have lots of cellulite on my thighs/backside! I feel very confident in these leggings. They are incredibly comfortable, too.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 I like the looks of these leggings because of the higher waist. I always wear longer tops.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21  Have you tried Spanx leggings? I know they’re pricey but I love them.They pull me in & with the right tunic make me look taller & thinner.I get compliments every time I wear them.

Dillard’s has Spanx leggings so I may try a pair. We are going today and maybe they’re on sale.

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 I LOVE the looks.  I like a high waist because I have a small waist and if I can't adjust the fit, I won't buy them.  I like my leggings long... I'd rather have them extra long and I'll scrunch as needed.  I have not tried these but I do know what you mean about reading those kinds of reviews.  Makes one wary.