Respected Contributor

Zac Posen Shut Down His Label

It was immediate. He axed his entire staff and his spring/summer 2020 collection, shown this fall, won't be shipped.

I always liked him on Project Runway, and most of his gown (Red Carpet) designs were gorgeous--same with his handbags. IMO, he had an eye for the unique and flattering.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/lifestyle/zac-posen-closing-business-always-115633240.html

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Zac Posen Shut Down His Label

[ Edited ]

Oh my, oh my.  What shopping channel will he end up on?  Any guesses?

Honored Contributor

I am sure he will reinvent himself somehow.  I guess even the rich are cutting back on spending.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

What a blow to the design and fashion world!

Honored Contributor

The designer is too high profile to go under for lack of sales. I'm thinking gross mismanagement and/or theft

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

What a blow to the design and fashion world!

@ECBG   My thoughts are he'll come out w/ a "bridge line" that's more affordable to mass market. I'm not sure if Isaac still does couture, but I'm sure he makes far more money on Q or he wouldn't stay. Many designers get offered great contracts from Target, Kohl's, etc. 

Women are fashion concious, but are also savvy about getting a good price. How many Zac Posen or runway ensembles can one own unless a millionaire. Knockoffs are a big business. That hurts their sales, too. 

It's sad, but the financial uncertainty of the country is forcing a lot of changes. I've never seen so many stores/sites with 50% offers weeks before Thanksgiving!! On Black Friday, it will be items for free?

Esteemed Contributor

I was never a fan of Zac's on Project Runway ... and always thought his designs were too "elitist" for my taste.   

Here is a fascinating article by the New York Times ... kind of proves my theories about him ... 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/even-project-runway-couldnt-save-zac-posen/ar-AAJ...