Valued Contributor

I was just on Zulily and saw so many items from the Q over there.  slashed prices!  LAURA GELLAR and bare minerals have tons of stuff. today is the last day for that so go take a peek!!

I just bought a really inexpensive pair of Clark's shoes for 70% off.  I have to caution you to read the return policies on your purchases. I am praying to God that the shoes I got will fit, because I can not send them back. I got stuck with a pair of RYKA, they sent me a WIDE shoe, and I could not return it for the riht size.  they told me all sales are final, and they gave me the full amount in credit to buy anything on the site. They were very nice about it. But read the return policy.  I could spend all day looking at the sales over there. Smiley Happy    I saw an Emril Lagasse pan over there that I paid a fortune for from the Q. now it is on sale  on Zulily for pennies.  ugh.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tip Christine03878Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I've purchased item from ZULILY in the past. If I'm remembering correctly, they have a final sale policy n just about everything! 

It will be interesting to see what the Q sends to them. Im wondering if it's last seasons items, "as is", or over-stock orders. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Gemspirit wrote:

I've purchased item from ZULILY in the past. If I'm remembering correctly, they have a final sale policy n just about everything! 

It will be interesting to see what the Q sends to them. Im wondering if it's last seasons items, "as is", or over-stock orders. 

They better not send the "as is" items to Z! People EXPECT to receive brand new items. Can you imagine getting an as is and then have to deal with the "no return" policy? Ugh!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I've seen some things on Zulily, but honestly, after having to return so many things on the Q and paying for the returns because of incorrect sizing, I can't even make myself try to order on Zulily, especially with a no return policy.  I always check reviews of the item first on the Q, and after reading the reviews, 9 times out of 10, I just don't buy the product because they say the sizing is messed up.  So, unless it's something other than clothing, I don't think I'll be trying Zulily. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was looking at their Dolce and Gabbana fragrance offerings, particularly The One for women in the special Lace Edition bottle. 

Did a quick Google search and this was a limited edition for holiday 2011. It was never offered again in that bottle.

That means the fragrance they're selling has been sitting on shelf in some warehouse for FOUR years. 

No thanks.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I have a friend who has been buying dated fragrances for more than 40 years.  She has some of the most beautiful bottles you have ever seen.  Of course, she does not buy them for the fragrance, and most have never been opened but she buys for the display.  She has filled a large china cabinet with glass doors and backing, mirrored shelves and at Christmas the top is swagged with magnolia branches (live)  and the interior is backlit and the bottles are gorgeous.  She has more than 500.  

She also has a similar cabinet her husband made for her with a rosewood base that occupies a large place in a huge butler pantry which she has filled with old liquor bottles/decanters from the past.  I think some have liquor while others are filled with colored water. These are relics or junk, right?  No, they are beauty which we can never recapture from an era now gone which was replaced by the junk from the peacenick 1960s and 1970s, when class and style were lost.  

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Gemspirit wrote:

They better not send the "as is" items to Z! People EXPECT to receive brand new items. Can you imagine getting an as is and then have to deal with the "no return" policy? Ugh!

I've ordered dozens of shoes from Zulily and they have, without exception, have been fresh from the factory with uncreased tissue and the original stuffing in them.  Most are now returnable.  They always taken back damaged things or wrong sizes sent.  They have very good CS.

Today I ordered a pair of burgundy Clark's unstructured shoes, the kind the Q sells for $120+, for $50.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Good for you, Kachina! Smiley Happy I had to hold back on the Clarks on Zulily because I don't NEED another pair of shoes right now... But it's HARD! This time of year, temptation is everywhere and it takes A LOT of self control... AARGH.

Contributor

Zulilly is an interesting site.  Through a lot of trial and error I now know what to buy and what not to buy.  Some purses have been stunning, some junk.  Same with jewelry.  You can "heart" your favorites and I make sure I do that on vendors I like.   I have purchased a lot of great, cheap gifts for kids, like Crayola.  One thing I now stay away from is plus size clothes.  Oh my!  Their 3X's are about a 10/12.  Every item I have purchased goes into the Goodwill bag. It is still fun to look at everything every day but you just have to realize that not everything is a good buy just because it is marked down.