Trusted Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on NYDJ Jeans?

@Stevie NixMy favorite style too!  Like the high rise waist as mid rise always seems to want to pull down on me.  Have many pairs of NYDJ, also love the boyfriend style as I can roll up the hem.  Even though I order the petite size, most of them have to be shortened unless I wear them with a higher heel.

Honored Contributor

No thank you. I don't find the name of the line nor the premise appealing.

I'm not eager to be a part of the club of women of a certain age that needs her jeans specifically engineered.

Real or not unfortunately that's my personal take on the platform.

They could very well be spectacular jeans that fit wonderfully but I guess I'll never know because the pitch is such a turn-off to me

Honored Contributor

I wore NYDJ jeans for years! I actually wore one pair until there were holes in them! I now love wearing Liverpool jeans. High quality and great fit!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

wrote:

No thank you. I don't find the name of the line nor the premise appealing.

I'm not eager to be a part of the club of women of a certain age that needs her jeans specifically engineered.

Real or not unfortunately that's my personal take on the platform.

They could very well be spectacular jeans that fit wonderfully but I guess I'll never know because the pitch is such a turn-off to me

I agree on the the name.  I'm 34 and have tried them.  They're OK, but I'd rather go to Rag & Bone and other high end jeans.  they have a "mommy " jean stigma to them.  

Honored Contributor

I don't care about the name or the marketing gimmick. I only care that jeans look good on me. I can't afford expensive jeans. 

I'm not a Mom and I don't look like a Mom in my jeans. Whatever that means, honestly. I've seen Moms who look fantastic. I don't care what anyone else does but for me I don't want my muffin top spilling over or the worry of something in the back showing when I sit. If you know what I mean.

I only care how I feel about me at my age. No company is going to alter that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I don't care about the name or the marketing gimmick. I only care that jeans look good on me. I can't afford expensive jeans. 

I'm not a Mom and I don't look like a Mom in my jeans. Whatever that means, honestly. I've seen Moms who look fantastic. I don't care what anyone else does but for me I don't want my muffin top spilling over or the worry of something in the back showing when I sit. If you know what I mean.

@Greeneyedlady21, you took the words right out of my mouth.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I have only tried a couple of styles, but they all looked horrible on me. I have curvy hips with a small waist proportionally. I am not a large person, but they made my butt look super wide and flat. For me, they definitely fit like "mom jeans."

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21

How nice for you! The question was 'what are your thoughts?' I expressed mine. It was not posted as a challenge....

Honored Contributor

I have a pair and would like to get another.  I bought them on sale at Nordstrom last year and want to find another sale.  I think mine are Alinas but am not positive.  

I wear a 2 or a 4 in most sizes but bought a 0 in these, because the salesperson told me they looked like they fit well and they would stretch.  I don't feel like they've stretched at all.  I think they look great, but next time I would buy a 2 because they are not super comfortable.

I think sizing them so you need to go down a size is ridiculous.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Too expensive for me.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)