Esteemed Contributor

I live in t-shirts - shortsleeve, 3/4 sleeve and longsleeve. Most are Denim & Co. and many from Kohls that are are around 10-15 yrs old. I wash cold - and put on a dryer rack in my garage (I never put my clothes in the dryer) - and none has pilled or shrank. Recently bought four A240618 Denim & Co. Essentials Long Sleeve and three A296829 Isaac Mizrahi Long Sleeve Tunic. Gorgeous colors and great fit. The prices are lower now!!!! Soooo comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your "go to" Tee

[ Edited ]

@BaileyBop wrote:

Can someone recommend a tee that won't shrink or pill.  Scoop neck would be nice too.  I wear a tee a lot of the time but am sick of the pilling and shrinking.  Most of mine are from Kohl's and am ready to spend some serious bucks for some that last.  I also like tees that are not too thin or thick.  TIA

@BaileyBop, KitCat1, maximillian - Try LL Bean for 100% pima cottons in various styles, colors and sleeve lengths. On sale right now so limited sizing and colors. Check back as stock will be replenish for Spring and Summer. Easy to launder, then toss in the dryer briefly (a couple of minutes only) and hang to dry. Soft, no piling or shrinkage and colorfast. Wear these year-round from t-shirts to mock t's to turtlenecks. Free Shipping on every purchase! Fabulous customer service. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I only buy LL Bean Pima Cotton.  The only ones I think are worth the money.

Honored Contributor

Re: Your "go to" Tee

[ Edited ]

I almost exclusively buy "perfect tees" brand from Woman Within. 100% cotton,never pill, shrink or fade at all. Perfect weight - not tissue thin like so many brands now a days. They have many styles but I prefer either a henley tee or they have a v neck tunic with some shirring at the base of the V that makes them look pretty and feminine.And the best of all - they run around $12 to $14 a piece. Depends on style and if you get a solid color or a print. 

BTW - I wash them in hot water and throw them in the dryer on perm press - never had them wrinkle,fade or shrink/stretch out. I wear these shirts almost every day and I easily own a dozen but probably a few more than that.I am addicted to all the pretty colors, so I end up buying a few every season when new colors come out. At this price I can indulge myself a little.

Honored Contributor

@151949  THANKS!  BOOMER SOONER!

Esteemed Contributor

@BaileyBop- I also buy a lot of the Kohl's long-sleeved, round neckline, cotton tees.  I wash them every time I wear them and, in general, abuse them.  They usually last a couple seasons before they start to shrink up around the bottom and stretch out under the arms.  Then, I wear them as 'sleep shirts' -- and after they're too worn to even wear for sleeping, I use them as dust rags.   I think I get my money's worth considering these shirts cost $9.99 every day. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Not one particular brand ... but I have some from Coldwater Creek, Chico's, LandsEnd and Hanes.   All perfectly satisfactory.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I get most of mine from Lands End and LLBean. I prefer a more tailored fit, but both have a variety of "cuts" from "slim fit" to "relaxed". LLBean has a very nice scoop neck, elbow length sleeve tee, but IMHO it runs really large. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

I love the look of this tee.  I am going to give this one a try.

Valued Contributor

@BaileyBop wrote:

I love the look of this tee.  I am going to give this one a try.

I should of said which one I love LOL

@beach-mom wrote:

THIS ONE  by Isaac Mizrahi is one of my staples. I wasn't sure about the curved hemline at first, but now I love it! Although it says you can put it into the washer and dryer, I don't put it into the dryer. Just being cautious!  Smiley Wink