Valued Contributor

Can someone recommend a tee that won't shrink or pill.  Scoop neck would be nice too.  I wear a tee a lot of the time but am sick of the pilling and shrinking.  Most of mine are from Kohl's and am ready to spend some serious bucks for some that last.  I also like tees that are not too thin or thick.  TIA

Honored Contributor

I have a ton of Denim & Co. tees and quite a few of Isaac's too.  I've never had one pill or shrink, even those that are 100% cotton.  You get what you pay for.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@BaileyBop   I buy almost all my tees from JJill.  Pima cotton.  Now I would wash and normal hang dry but you could dry on low because if you dry on high there will be slight shrinkage from the bottom.  Right now there is 40% off.  I am waiting for 1 tee which was under $20 with some spandex and a loose turtleneck and the other is a sweatshirt type with a relaxed cowl neck.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

In the last few months I have purchased some of the pima cotton tees offered by Isaac and C Wonder.  I am loving pima cotton and wish more were offered.

Honored Contributor

In cold weather, I prefer the brand Westbrand from Dillards.  If you want to use a hot dryer, size up.  Very warm and soft.

Honored Contributor

@BaileyBop-

Well, believe it or not, I get most of mine from Walmart.

Surprisingly they have all never pilled, or shrank; keep their color and most of them are breathable!

Plus they have lots of nice colors and the extra bonus are very inexpensive, like most t-shirts should be!They have v-neck and scoop neck but I wish they had square neck, more crew neck and even sweetheart and ballet.

I can throw them in the washer ,then dry on high with all my other clothes too.

I've had a more expensive one from the gap that didn't last as well.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I have some denim tees but they seem to be on the short side.  I will look again to see if I can find some a bit longer that aren't too thick/heavy.

Valued Contributor

I love pima cotton, thanks for the heads up with JJill.

Honored Contributor

THIS ONE  by Isaac Mizrahi is one of my staples. I wasn't sure about the curved hemline at first, but now I love it! Although it says you can put it into the washer and dryer, I don't put it into the dryer. Just being cautious!  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I live in t-shirts - shortsleeve, 3/4 sleeve and longsleeve. Most are Denim & Co. and many from Kohls that are are around 10 yrs old. I wash cold - and put on a dryer rack in my garage (I never put my clothes in the dryer) - and none has pilled or shrank. Recently bought four A240618 Denim & Co. Essentials Long Sleeve and three A296829 Isaac Mizrahi Long Sleeve Tunic. Gorgeous colors and great fit. The prices are lower now!!!! Soooo comfortable.