Respected Contributor

I don't know how the hosts and vendors can say this with a straight face.   I'm watching the D&C show.   A sweater in cl has a chest measurement of 56 inches,  the next item has an cl chest measurement of 48inches.   We are talking an 8 inch difference for the same size. That is ridiculous.   No wonder there are returns. 

Respected Contributor

CL s/b XL sorry.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe anyone pays any attention to that suggestion. I check the garment measurements for every single item I'm interested in. If the garment measurements are missing I won't order. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3. the garment measurement doesn't mean much either.   The last item I purchased I checked prior to ordering.   Couldn't understand why it was too small.   Got out the measuring tape and it was about 5 inches smaller than stated.

My point was there is no normal qvc size, yet they keep saying there is. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind when they say get your normal QVC size.  Because I think QVC runs big in general.  And I have found most times, I am the same size in their brands.  I have had to exchange for sizes, so I get it's not perfect.   

I get annoyed when I have two of the same thing in different colors and the fit is different.  That's weird.  Maybe when I can't compare, I settle for whatever the fit is.

But I guess they have to say something. LOL

Honored Contributor

I always check the garment measurements because there are anomalies, however, I nearly always wear the same size in tops and pants.  Its almost impossible to accurately list the chest measurement of a buttonless cardigan since the overlap varies according to personal preference.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I always check the garment measurements because there are anomalies, however, I nearly always wear the same size in tops and pants.  Its almost impossible to accurately list the chest measurement of a buttonless cardigan since the overlap varies according to personal preference.

@Kachina624 for something like that I'll check the measurement across the back armhole to armhole.  Of course, different styles are going to require a different measurement since some are better looser than others.  I generally need to size down from the QVC recommendations.  

I kinda dislike when they say order your regular QVC size since that leave out all the new buyers who don't know what their normal QVC size is.  

Respected Contributor

How about 39" chest for a XXS??  And some of you wonder why hosts "say" they're wearing an XXS? Because they can!! I wear a XXS and cannot order when the chest size is that big. Ridiculous!

Valued Contributor

@ellaphant  I understand what you are saying about the host sizing but still IMO there is no way some of  the hosts wearing the size they state and I will not mention the hosts names but two in particular.  Also, they are misleading the customers when they feel the need to tell what size they "say" they are wearing, in specific, new customer who may look at them and determine they look the same size and order according to what they claim they wear.  Sometimes it is obvious they may be wearing the size they state because you can clearly see it is a size too small when they keep pulling on the shirt the entire show or the jackets they have on are so small they cannot button.,,,JMO  

Esteemed Contributor

Telling me how tall a model is gives me no idea how a sweater, blouse, or any top is going to fit.  Unless, they give their measurements or weight (which I doubt they ever would) this info is of no use.  

So much time is wasted on giving out info that has no benefit to the buyer.  I always check the garment measurements.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!