Honored Contributor

Re: Your Guide to Denim Inseams

@PINKdogWOOD

If you don't care about the hem detail, LLB has a sale sweater in a blue color that you might like.

Item #: TK290416

Honored Contributor

I can't agree with that graphic. It completely depends on the look you're going for and the shoes you're wearing. Also it really depends on your body and how long your legs are, not some arbitrary number based on height.

I often wear skinny jeans with boots with a 7 inch shaft height or with shoes with an ankle strap and I like shorter length pants with them than the guideline says I should wear for my height.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Thanks for taking the time to post this.  Unfortunately the powers that be on QVC aren't interested in what things SHOULD BE because I just received some Isaac pants that were supposed to be Petite and I had to fold them up so far to get them the right length it was a little under my knee.  This was 2 pair of pants, just different colors.

Now normally I buy his 24/7 pants in Petite and sometimes (not even always) they are a tiny bit too long.  I was going to hem them and I said, "Forget it"  For that kind of money I shouldn't have to throw the dice on if they fit or not!

I asked my friend who ONLY shops at Kohls (brick and mortar) and she said even there sometimes the sleeves are way, way too long and the pants are like throwing caution to the wind if they are Petite or Regular in length.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono .. I am about 5'1"..... I wear straight leg or boot cut jeans.   I have to have an inseam of 28 - 29 for the straight leg jeans.    Maybe 30 -  31 for a boot cut.   An inseam of 27 for straight leg jeans would be too short.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@lolakimono Thanks for taking the time to post this.  Unfortunately the powers that be on QVC aren't interested in what things SHOULD BE because I just received some Isaac pants that were supposed to be Petite and I had to fold them up so far to get them the right length it was a little under my knee.  This was 2 pair of pants, just different colors.

Now normally I buy his 24/7 pants in Petite and sometimes (not even always) they are a tiny bit too long.  I was going to hem them and I said, "Forget it"  For that kind of money I shouldn't have to throw the dice on if they fit or not!

I asked my friend who ONLY shops at Kohls (brick and mortar) and she said even there sometimes the sleeves are way, way too long and the pants are like throwing caution to the wind if they are Petite or Regular in length.

Hi @Annabellethecat66 and @lolakimono .. I have several of Isaac's 24/7 straight leg or boot cut pants.  I am about 5'1" ..and his pants are the perfect length for me.  I guess everyone is different.  

Honored Contributor

Yes!  Some are perfect and a few (depending on his 24/7 design) there are different designs, are about 1 inch too long!

I have a longer body and shorter legs, that makes a difference.

I used to make my own clothes and got so I used to know my body pretty well.  That was back when I was young and before children and when I was skinny.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

Land's End-

Regular Contributor

I LOVE this sweater also. I've looked all over the internet wirh no luck.
Honored Contributor

You're the best Ms Lola @lolakimono. Thanks so much. Love the bottom portion of this sweater, love the marled blue denim too but the top of it is not so much a winner now.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  This one is a nice cut, I also like the stitchery towards the bottom of it. I'll check this out at LLBean.  Knew you could help me out! I did google 'shaker sweaters' as well but just didn't see many that really grabbed me. Like you, I'll keep looking too.