Esteemed Contributor

Your Fashion Style found in Movies

Wilma added a fun post about PRETTY WOMEN movie Fashion. Loved the outfits. It made me think -- Have you ever watched a movie and thought -- I want to add that style to my wardrobe?

Mine was SUMMER OF 42 movie with Jennifer O'Neill. High school years and I worked at Macy's. I was just beginning to take interest in building an adult wardrobe. Loved the platform shoes and button up summer, print dresses with a Nantucket flair. Also the rolled-up, long-sleeved plaid shirts with shorts and keds. Overalls, too.       

A stunning approx) photo poster of Jennifer O'Neill. Jennifer O'neill, Classic Actresses, Female Actresses, Beautiful Actresses, Actors & Actresses, Beautiful Celebrities, Vintage Hollywood, Classic Hollywood, Hollywood Icons

Be the Queen of the High Street. Britain’s newest royal loves High Street fashion, so what should Kate (and you) try next? : Polka dot dress from Marks & Spencer Pretty Outfits, Pretty Dresses, Beautiful Dresses, Cute Outfits, Casual Dresses, Short Dresses, Fashion Dresses, Dot Dress, Dress Skirt

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Re: Your Fashion Style found in Movies

I love the fashion of Kelly McGillis in Top Gun .. straight black skirt

white shirt .. collar up and a leather jacket .... just my style ....

Respected Contributor

Of course the men in iniform weren't bad either .....or better yet

the volley ball game ... no shirts ....think I may have been cooped

up too long ...!!

have a great day ....

Esteemed Contributor

I think actress in TOP GUN wore utility shirts, too. Have loved that look. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake 

As you can tell from my movie fashion posts I love the glamour and classic styles of the 1940s & 1950s. I would love to have one of the classic suits or beautiful dresses worn by leading ladies in just about any Hitchcock movie. The gowns are also beautiful, but I have no place to wear anything that formal. 

Esteemed Contributor

Loved the fashion styles of the late 1930's and the 1940s.

Just elegent................these days everything is loungewear............so sad

Esteemed Contributor

i love the way Carrie Matthison dressed in Homeland. She even carried a black messenger bag that tried to find to buy. i never found it.

Respected Contributor

To me, movies of the 1930's had the most elegant fashions. I especially like the fashion in The Women from that era. The silk, bodycon styles, hats, sequins & beading, cloches, accessories, etc. were stunning.

Honored Contributor

I would pick Wonder Woman, because I'd love to be her age again and look like her. But I also did love the fashion, and I would wear the more casual outfits. In my fantasy world the blue gown and the WW outfit too.

images.jpeg

wonder-woman-gal-gadot.jpg

316E992500000578-3457770-image-m-26_1456107713073.jpg

il_570xN.1269904827_8fi8.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"