Trusted Contributor

Re: You should not be able to write a review for an item you did not buy!

A personal annoyance of mine:  writing a review before the item arrives.

"I'm so excited; I can't wait until it comes..."

Or:  a negative review tthat has nothing to do with the item.  It arrived later than expected, or it rained and UPS left it at the gate....or any number of reasons.

To me, those are customer service issues.

I appreciate the detailed reviews--the reviews AFTER receiving and using or wearing an item.  (At least receiving...)

Honored Contributor

I've used the stars a lot!  If I look at a fitted jacket an the posters indicate it runs a little large, I know not to order up.  It's rare anything goes back.

Honored Contributor

There should be a form like review screen with certain categories to help reviewer post a meaningful review.  If someone says this is junk don't waste your money the review should not be posted unless there is an explanation.  It's ridiculous having to go through reviews that are from those not having bought the product or those not really saying anything.  I thought reviews were meant to be helpful to tell why a product is good or bad.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Some reviews make me wonder too.......like... "broke after using it for 1 week...threw it in the trash"   or ""button fell off after one wearing...donated"

Why wouldn't they send the items back since they were defective? Make me think that they really didn't buy it.

Honored Contributor

I pay little to no attention to reviews.  Just yesterday I was looking at the reviews for something and the person writing the review said they had just received it and was sitting there wearing the item as she typed the review.

What good is a review if you've not worn or used the item for more than a few minutes? 

I've also seen 1 star reviews because the person is mad that the item sold out before they could buy it or it didn't come in petites or they didn't order because they didn't like the color choices.