Trusted Contributor

You should not be able to write a review for an item you did not buy!

I get really irritated when I see someone who writes a review for a clothing item and they admit that they did not buy it they are just saying they don't like it. How is this allowed? 

Also, when you write a review the Q asks if you bought the item. They should not allow anyone to review an item that they did not buy. Can't software prevent that?

Trusted Contributor

Re: You should not be able to write a review for an item you did not buy!

Sometimes I've taken the time to report an inappropriate review and point it out. Most of the time they will remove it. I also don't care for reviews that just complain that the size is numerical rather than S,M,&L and those get posted when it's not a review at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. I especially get annoyed when someone gives an item a one star because the item was not available in their size.  It would be nice if the Q would label reviews with Verified Buyer like Amazon does.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Theoretically reviews are screened by a person,  so it's hard to understand how those by people who've never used the item get posted. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love when the reviewer says something like I don't like it because it has three quarter sleeves.  It's pretty obvious it has three quarter sleeves by looking at the picture or reading the description or looking at the measurements.  

Trusted Contributor

Or when the person gives something one star, but their review is glowing? Uh, one is a low score, not the high. Smiley Tongue
Esteemed Contributor

I read a review recently from a person who was excited to have ordered the item and was looking forward to receiving it.

OY!

Trusted Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

Sometimes I've taken the time to report an inappropriate review and point it out. Most of the time they will remove it. I also don't care for reviews that just complain that the size is numerical rather than S,M,&L and those get posted when it's not a review at all. 

I do the same thing, although I don't think I've ever checked back to see if it was removed but I hope they are.  They really arn't reviews at all. .

Super Contributor

I also hate when there are reviews for new exclusive products on pre order months in advance. The product is not available to anyone yet.

Esteemed Contributor

MOst of the reviews, especially the ones for clothing, are stupid and not at all useful.  I have seen 5 star reviews for clothing items because the reviewer couldn't order it because it sold out in their size and they want QVC to reorder it.  ALso the ones that say they returned the item because their husband didn't like the color or other similar stupidities.  ALso the people who bought it and review the fit but do not mention the size they ordered and their height, weight and measurements.

this is why I pay no attention to reviews.