Honored Contributor

Re: You never thought I would ask this, I bet.

It's a better quality Forever 21.  Still fast fashion, but kids love them.  If you're undeer 18, this where girls go to get clothes.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday    if it doesn't have to be 100% cotton, my recommendation would be for the Stafford Travel Wrinkle-Free Stretch Oxford Long-Sleeve Dress Shirt  sold at JCPenney. It is 60% cotton, will give you many wearings, and still retain that crisp look.  The shirt is currently on sale if you go to their site today and use the code which they actually show on the site. {What a novel idea so their customers don't have to search.} I love this shirt so much I have been purchasing it for years in both the LS and SS versions. Some of my friends - with whom I have shared this treasure - don't iron their shirts but I do. What can I say...I'm an ironer.

Stafford Travel Wrinkle-Free Stretch Oxford Long-Sleeve Dress Shirt

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

When H&M first opened in NYC, I bought a few things from them.  Awful merchandise.  I got a couple of tank tops and a denim dress.  They all shrunk up to nothing.   

I did buy a beach coverup there a last year.  I needed something for a short trip to FL and I knew I wouldn't use again.  I wanted disposable.   The sizes run very small so you need to size up one or two sizes.

The only thing I buy there now are scarves, bags and jewelry.

They sell trendy one-season clothng.

Respected Contributor

How about Lands' End? Traditional no-iron dress shirts are $49.95, but there is currently a 30% off full price items in effect.

Respected Contributor

I wear white button downs frequently.  I've found when I've tried to save money by buying a less expensive brand, they've never held up.

I have some more expensive white button downs I've had for years.  In the long run it paid to buy the better brands.

Beware of H&M sizing; it tends to run small. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In good conscience I won't.  They are responsible for "fast fashion", filling up the land fills, and most likely other things across the seas we don't even know-yet.  (Or someone on the board has uncovered.). Those pieces weren't made by anyone who recieved a fair wage.

Trusted Contributor

@Tiquewrote:

@Nonametoday    if it doesn't have to be 100% cotton, my recommendation would be for the Stafford Travel Wrinkle-Free Stretch Oxford Long-Sleeve Dress Shirt  sold at JCPenney. It is 60% cotton, will give you many wearings, and still retain that crisp look.  The shirt is currently on sale if you go to their site today and use the code which they actually show on the site. {What a novel idea so their customers don't have to search.} I love this shirt so much I have been purchasing it for years in both the LS and SS versions. Some of my friends - with whom I have shared this treasure - don't iron their shirts but I do. What can I say...I'm an ironer.

@Tique

The shirt is sooo manly.  I like a man in a well fitting starched shirt.  Do you usually wear a tie with your button down dress shirts?  I remember years ago, this was the way all men used to wear button down shirts and tie, with a suit or sports coat/blazer to the office.  Not much these days.  

Honored Contributor

@Tiquewrote:

Thank you very much.  I will try that before pursuing the other options.  I appreciate your efforts and the information you provided.

Honored Contributor

@EatWellwrote:

The shirt is sooo manly.  I like a man in a well fitting starched shirt.  Do you usually wear a tie with your button down dress shirts?  I remember years ago, this was the way all men used to wear button down shirts and tie, with a suit or sports coat/blazer to the office.  Not much these days.  

@EatWell    it is a man's shirt. I do not wear them with a tie. I wear with the first button open and some kind of chain/necklace peeping out. I started out wearing one because my son used to have to wear white shirts and black pants for events. I would often find myself giving away white shirts that had either been worn once or not at all because he was growing so fast. One day I decided to wear a brand new one with a vest and discovered I loved the way they looked - particularly at the end of the day when some of my white blouses would be a wrinkled mess. From then on, I started buying my own - different colors/different styles.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday,This short video from Justine Leconte explains it well.  You might forgive the first few words,  They're a little fast.  She explains quite a bit.Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ur13KvWoWE