Honored Contributor

You know you have too many clothes when

you're positive you own something you can't find!

I know I have an off-white top that I was sort of saving for late summer/early fall.  I know I saw it about a week ago -  and today when I might have worn it??  It disappeared.  How can that be?  No one else lives in this apartment.

Valued Contributor

Re: You know you have too many clothes when

@millieshops Don't worry you'll find it in the winter and put it someplace to wear in the spring. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

you're positive you own something you can't find!

I know I have an off-white top that I was sort of saving for late summer/early fall.  I know I saw it about a week ago -  and today when I might have worn it??  It disappeared.  How can that be?  No one else lives in this apartment.

@millieshops

The same "no one else" lives here also.  I'm missing two pairs of pants that I took out for the Summer  and early Fall.

Honored Contributor

@SandPiper lol   Thanks, your post made me taugh outloud!  I needed that.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  As I looked for my top, I found a pair of black pants, tags still on, that I'd totally forgotten about, so my search paid off a little.

Trusted Contributor

I have things I set aside too. I know because I remember thinking to myself that I'll put it in a 'special place' so I remember.

I've yet to find that 'special place'. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

This post really rings true.  I have PROMISED myself that this is the year I'm going to do something about this.  I started earlier in the year and donated 4 LARGE bags...   ready to do more.  It's NOT EASY.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ALRATIBA  As I looked for my top, I found a pair of black pants, tags still on, that I'd totally forgotten about, so my search paid off a little.

@millieshops

See that's worse to  me! I've done the 'I'm quite certain I own such and such!' but finding something you don't recall purchasing??! Now that signifies a problem! lol

I did that recently myself. I did manage to track down the actual purchase and it was from a year prior!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me it's looking like I have too many as I'm now filling up the guest bedroom closet. My walk-in was filled some time ago. My skirt section is packed with those tiered hangers. I must have about 80 mostly leather of course. It's my guilty pleasure. Such a contrast to when I was a poor working girl with so few clothes. So be it.

Honored Contributor

Welcome to my world....lol   Yesterday was chilly and we were going to have lunch on the deck of a restaurant.  Before vacation, I bought a pair of boyfriend jeans and I hung them in my closet.  I wanted to wear them with yesterday....I couldn't find them anywhere in the closet.  I know they are there.....