Respected Contributor

Re: You have salt and pepper gray hair now....

@Carmie wrote:

If you have blue eyes, you will look better in cool colors. Your hair color should not make a big difference.  If you are cool, you're always cool and if you are warm, you'll always be warm.

You might want to wear brighter jewel tones of pink, purple , blues and greens and optic white.

Avoid colors of brown, tan, olive, rust and orange-reds and off white.

Some shades look great on everyone like turquoise, teal and periwinkle and most shades of purple.  

Some pastel,colors might wash you out, but not all.  Have fun trying new colors.

Blue eyes do not always mean you look better in cool colors.  It's the skin undertone that matters; is the undertone blue (cool colors) or is it (yellow) warm tones.  My Mom had the bluest of eyes and yet a more yellowish undertone.  There are books out there that will give you information about flattering colors for all skins...."Color Me Beautiful".  In this book I learned that everyone can wear every color; just in the right hue for their particular skin color.  With a more yellow undertone to my skin, I can wear green as long as it has a slight cast of yellow.  I look terrible in purple but particularly like turquoise or aqua.