Honored Contributor

Re: You can't trust online reviews

I don't put any @febe1  I would rather find things out for myself

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It often matters where friction is occurring whether or not pilling might occur. A colleague and I owned the same cashmere sweater. I am busty and she is very small busted. As a result, my sweater pilled where my sleeve rubbed at my bust--hers did not. 

To suggest anyone would lie about a pilling issue is just a bit mind-boggling to say the least. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodzwrote:

It often matters where friction is occurring whether or not pilling might occur. A colleague and I owned the same cashmere sweater. I am busty and she is very small busted. As a result, my sweater pilled where my sleeve rubbed at my bust--hers did not. 

To suggest anyone would lie about a pilling issue is just a bit mind-boggling to say the least. 

@magicmoodz

This is so true.  Because cashmere pills does not mean it's cheap.  (Actually, I have many cheaper fabric items that would/could never pill) The underarm area may pill if someone moves their arms more frequently.

Some ladies get pills in the inner, upper thigh area of pants.  Others may own the same pants and never have a problem.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's a stretch to say they lied about a pilling issue. 

What does it really matter though?  You like your items and they haven't pilled.  

When I read reviews and some people say something pilled and others don't, I decide for myself whether I'm going to take a chance on the item.  It's not that I think one person is lying and the other isn't.

Respected Contributor

I read reviews on anything I purchase, ANYWHERE, I was read lowest to highest on the ratings, I check the dates written. When writing reviews, I am honest & try to give every detail possible, if I give a low rating.

**On QVC items, I am sometimes amazed reading a review on something I have purchased that I like, reading the poor reviews makes me wonder how/what some people think,lol..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pay little attention to the reviews. They are nothing more than someone's opinion on an item.

Also, some things bother some and don't matter to another.  You also never know what someone is doing with the item meaning how they wash it, if they dry it, etc.   Even how someone describes the fit is subjective. 

Valued Contributor

I read the reviews and make my own judgement.  Some are silly reviews that does not tell me anything about the item.  If i see something written over and over about an item I take it more seriously.  Like runs large so size down.  

I know several had trouble with the TSV Clark shoes but mine worked for me.  Now if I would have read those reviews prior I would have not purchased because so many said too wide but I am thinking they purchased in a wide width to begin with and I did not.

One person commened she waits for the reviews before she buys.  Said she  might pay extra but cheaper than shipping back if does not work out.  Never thought about it like that but might make sense on some things if it doesn't sell out first.  

Tsv Sketcher had some poor reviews but mine fit just right.  So who is to say for sure..

Esteemed Contributor

I usually read them and make my own decision......some reviews are ridiculous..