Respected Contributor

Re: You are meeting some girlfriends for lunch then shopping...What do you wear?

Definitely something comfy. Comfortable shoes or boots and either jeans or leggings with a long top for cold weather. In summer, a skirt and sandles, minimum jewelry.

I like to keep it simple!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: You are meeting some girlfriends for lunch then shopping...What do you wear?

I think it's a regional thing and the comfort level between you and your girlfriends. I'm meeting girlfriends tomorrow and will wear jeans, no-iron shirt, and pastel leather jacket (it's chilly here!) -- and I will wear the dreaded sneakers because I'll be doing a lot of walking!

However, if I was driving to the 'big city' down the interstate, I'd wear dressy slacks and low heels.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Dosey said:

Most of my friends do not dress up for shopping. Comfortable clothes and shoes. I follow their lead so I do not stand out. If I am doing serious shopping, I'll wear clothes that are easy on, easy off. Jeans, simple shirt, little jewelry, slip on shoes, and a lightweight purse. In the summer, I'll wear a skirt instead of jeans. If I am shopping on my own and not trying on things, jeans, cute top, jacket or cardigan, jewelry (earrings, watch, and a necklace or bracelets). I'll wear a maxi dress when it is crazy hot.

We don't dress up for shopping but we do dress a bit nicer than we would on a quick run to the grocery store.

I always think about what I'll be doing, too. I like layering pieces so I usually wear some kind of tank top & cardigan/jacket when clothes shopping so I can easily try on cardigans over the tank. I am likely to skip necklaces and scarves when I plan to try clothes on. most of my shoes are mules or sandlas that slip off easily.

Valued Contributor

Not heels. Last time I did that I threw my hip out because we walked so much and had them on so long. I wear a flatter shoe and they were not high high but apparently too much.

My friends are jeans kind of friends. We dress up for plays and things but more jeans, jackets or nice tops and some jewelry. We all are different in our styles and fun to check each other out but are low key kind of gals.

Esteemed Contributor

Barring no snow (which we are suppose to get AGAIN tonight), I would wear levis, a black silk shirt, blush-tan belted trench coat, black suede boots and carry a large black hobo. My jewelry would be the same I wear everyday.

Contributor

boots, boot cut jeans, Logo top, long tunic length "ruffle" cardigan if it is cold, Judith Ripka heart necklace, stud earrings and cross body leather Coach bag in a color to match.

Respected Contributor

People dress very casually here in my town. sandals most of the year. For trying on clothes I wear clothes that are easy to put on and take off.