Honored Contributor

Re: You all are going to think I am nuts but I bought a third cashmere sweater lol.

pretty, I'd wear with some kind of gold initial necklace.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: You all are going to think I am nuts but I bought a third cashmere sweater lol.

@crawford5153 

I hope you love it.  Nordstrom's house brand was a little bit higher than the ones I purchased from Bloomie's.  That pink is gorgeous....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I think you are smart.  You found something you love that is a timeless classic of high quality and you bought multiples.  

Respected Contributor

@crawford5153 

Cashmere sweaters can be compared to a Lay's Potato Chip, 

.............you just can't have one.

No it's not over, you'll want more.  The feel is so soft.....

Respected Contributor

Not nuts at all, I have about 20. Bought over years and years.  Mainly from LLBean and Amazon. I love them,

they wash beautifully by hand in cool water. Must be vigilant re moths when storing them.

Respected Contributor

FORGOT TO SAY ENJOY!!

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153 : I added to my cashmere collection yesterday, too. Cream Lilly Pulitzer cardi at a thrift store. A very affordable indulgence at $3.00. Perfect condition.

I wash my cashmere as a separate load, gentle/ cold and use Wen, not detergent. Lay flat on a drying rack.

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153   Your new sweater is beautiful.  I love that shade of pink.

I just ordered two Barefoot Dreams cardigans from Nordstrom about ten minutes before reading your post.  One of them was on sale for a great price.  I love Nordstrom.  I like their quality and also that they have free shipping and free returns.

Enjoy your new sweater!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@Biftu  Just an aside -- how do you care for your cashmere sweaters? Wash them? Dry clean? I've washed some, but they stretch out of shape. Thanks!

how are you washing them?

I put them in a bag,

coldest water

hand wash cycle 

I use Eucalan which is for wool/s

then shape and air dry, you can do that outside too on a rack

have done this for years and no issues

I don't dry clean anything , other than a suit 

Esteemed Contributor

That sweater is beautiful! I love natural fibers! I've been looking in Nordstrom's, too, also the Rack.

The only thing that prevents me from pulling the trigger on another cashmere purchase that I've been eyeing is that they are too warm for me!

If anyone suffers from the cold, just put cashmere with alpaca!