Honored Contributor

Yesterday I Found A Beautiful Coat In My Closet - A Coat QVC Used to Sell....

I remember when QVC sold pretty, quality clothes.  I was looking for a jacket yesterday that would go over my Joan Rivers' boucle jacket.  I found a Louis suede jacket, trimmed in real leather with gold studs...absolutely beautiful!  It was one I was going to give away because it's a little bit big.  But I'm not giving it away because it works perfectly over a suit jacket.

Why can't QVC sell clothes like they used to sell...I have some beautiful clothes from just a few years back ..... especially Louis Dell'Olio.  He's hardly ever on anymore.  Why?  Just because I don't work (not in 43 years), I still like buying pretty clothes sometimes.  I'm sure many of you feel that way.  It's all about being able to choose.  I have a lot of Denim and Co and some Susan Graver, but come on .... get some other designers in here...please....new designer purses, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: Yesterday I Found A Beautiful Coat In My Closet - A Coat QVC Used to Sell....

@Annabellethecat66I'm sure you would look amazing in anything Luv!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Yesterday I Found A Beautiful Coat In My Closet - A Coat QVC Used to Sell....

I miss the quality and professional presentations of years ago.  If I hadn't been a QVC shopper through the years and tuned in now, I would just keep changing the channel.  Miss the high quality of the items they had years ago, the good values and being able to buy items that were not sold elsewhere.           Enjoy your beautiful coat.  Now Linea is the only clothing I ever buy from QVC.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you remember Koos of Course and Indigo Moon?  

They had some nice things.

@Annabellethecat66

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

QVC sold some gorgeous clothing.   I have a beautiful Mackie suede jacket I've never worn.   Anyone remember the Quacker suede jacket with wild horses running around It? 

To try to produce these today would be cost prohibitive.   There's a point above which the Q shopper won't pay and these types of things surpass that point. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's why I'm holding onto some of my beautiful suedes and leathers for dear life.   The quality of these garments from years gone by will knock your socks off  ... Linea, Bradley Bayou, Carlos Falchi (from HSN) ...

Now they bring in these new designers with cheap fabrics and  tell us they are cutting edge ...  well, you can have the Halston tee shirt dresses, and those high-low designs layered to death by that other line   if you want 'em ... I'm not falling for it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 ~ What a nice surprise (again).  It's a good thing you held onto the jacket.  You can always donate it, right?

I keep reading that if you don't wear clothing for a year, it's time to donate.  I'm so glad I haven't done this, as I was so glad to find exactly what I needed, when I needed it!  I wish the shopping channels would offer a 'quality' line of clothing, which I certainly wouldn't mind paying more for.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I have the black suede LDO jacket with the gold studs too!  I haven't worn it, still has the tags. I'm going to wear it this year, thanks for reminding me!

Honored Contributor

@newjerseygirl Yes!  I remember both of them.  Several months ago I was trying to remember the name of the place where I'd bought a beautiful sweater that was like one you'd find at one of those little boutiques!  It was Koos of Course I believe.  I remember a lady who had an accent and she would just bring in a few sweaters at a time to show (they weren't mass produced.  I must have it somewhere because I never throw anything away.  I wish I could send some of you guys some of the 'stuff'' I have so you could use it (I never even wore or used some of it.  I did that here maybe (I'm guessing) 6 or so years ago.  I'd connected with someone and packed up a huge box of some of everything (none of it used, i.e. makeup, etc).  It cost a lot of money for me to send it, but I didn't mind.  Anyway, someone else came on and said this person was selling the stuff on Amazon.  I said, "No more"  I'd rather throw it away.  It's the idea of someone selling something I'd given to them.  I know it sounds selfish but it bothers me when people do that.  If they don't want it, don't take it.

I give a lot of stuff to Salvation Army and Goodwill but I used to sit in line waiting to donate and see the people working there (taking the donations) picking out stuff they want or wanted to sell themselves.  That REALLY bothers me that they profit from something others can use.  I enjoy giving the stuff away.  My daughter says, "Mom, you put strings on it".  Maybe I do, but I'd rather have someone who needs it to get it.

If I have a weakness for certain things (clothes and shoes) it's especially real leather coats.  

Do you guys remember the lady who used to specialize in leather coats on HSN.  Her name is right on the tip of my tongue and I'm too lazy to go look at one of her coats...wait a minute...it was Terri something.  She was African American and one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen (could have been a movie star).  She made amazing leather gloves to match the coats, I have a soft yellow leather coat of hers, several colors, amazing!

Who are some of the other people we all used to love from QVC?  I can't think of them, probably if I looked in my closet.

I'm supposed to be 'downsizing' because I have to move from this house, doesn't make sense to keep it.  When my husband died, I didn't travel or buy expensive stuff to deal with his death, I discovered QVC.  Ha!  Like some of you guys!  Ha!  My daughter's in-laws travel.  They've sailed around the world so many times!  Getting ready in January to do it again.  Doesn't interest me.  When my honey was alive we traveled all over Europe for a month and saw just about everything I wanted to see...and then some...Ha!

I just like watching QVC and coming on here with you guys.  I feel like I know you guys.  Sometimes I'll say to friends or family..."On the forum someone said, "bla bla" and my son-in-law would say, "Who says that?"  Then my daughter says, "That's the website on QVC".  Ha!  

I have a life doing things with friends too, but I've learned so much coming here from all of you.  I like the way people have different ideas about things.  I think the only way one can grow their minds is by listening to all sides and keep an open mind....

Anyway, didn't mean for this to be another Annabelle's bla bla...I know I drabble on too much but you guys always indulge me!  Ha! 

Name some of the other people we used to see on QVC.  One good thing about this time of year I get to see sweet Lori (who sells the apples).  She used to be a Hostess.  She was so sweet and soft spoken.

Honored Contributor

@lianne You're welcome!  Ha!  Like others have said, it is fun to look in the back of the closet and find clothes we haven't worn.  I have clothes that still have price tags on them too.

I was just looking for something (going crazy) and in a chair in the TV room (I call it that because the TV's in there) there is a bunch of 'stuff'.  I started digging into it and there is a coat (Dennis Basso) from probably 1 or 2 years ago.  Never worn!  I told my friend I think I had  fit and went bonkers on buying coats because I mainly wear the leather ones but I have a lot of coats.

Another of my favorite coats that looks RICH but it's Dennis Basso so it was probably $150 or so looks just like a real fur coats.  It's soft and amazing colors.  I wish I could post it here.  I don't wear it a lot because we don't get real cold weather here much.  I feel so grown-up when I wear it with tight fitting leather gloves...looks good!  All dressed up an nowhere to go...Ha!

I'm like some of you too.  I have some beautiful Bob Mackie tops.  Also I loved the way Bayou (is that his name) made beautiful leather coats...then suddenly, he was gone!

It's the same Vendors on Q all of the time.  There used to be so many different one's like the way HSN has them now.  It takes longer to get HSN stuff and I don't wear much of their clothes (they look better on younger and skinnier people to me).