Honored Contributor

Precious Fibers, Bradley Bayou, Sarah Campbell, Pamela Dennis, George Simonton.  Where are you when we need real design and wonderful fabrics and fibers and all we have is one designless house in China.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Precious Fibers, Bradley Bayou, Sarah Campbell, Pamela Dennis, George Simonton.  Where are you when we need real design and wonderful fabrics and fibers and all we have is one designless house in China.

@Nonametoday  ITA, but not just China.

Honored Contributor

I know how you feel. But I think many designers are over-run by the fast fashion industry and they can't compete so now they've disappeared...what do you think happened?

Trusted Contributor

Well said!  Even the fit is way off.  My Q purchases are way down. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, there are a few I miss also.  Seems like some high quality desirable brands have jumped ship or were abandoned.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm missing those designers too. Denim & Co. looks old lady to me, and Susan Graver has prints that I wouldn't wear. The Q is lacking style and relies on the same designers over and over again. I've stopped the purchasing. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Yes, I'm missing you...

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

I'm missing those designers too. Denim & Co. looks old lady to me, and Susan Graver has prints that I wouldn't wear. The Q is lacking style and relies on the same designers over and over again. I've stopped the purchasing. 

Please stop with the Old Lady comments.  I'm 84 + and I think with my hair and makeup done, and at 110 pounds, I can pull off pretty much anything you can. Old Lady is an attitude and depends on more than just a clothing style or brand.  Let's see how things look to you when and if you're blessed to be an older lady.

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Pleae stop with the Old Lady comments.  I'm 84 + and I think with my hair and makeup done, and at 110 pounds, I can pull off pretty much anything you can. Old Lady is an attitude and depends on more than just a clothing style or brand.  Let's see how things look to you when and if you're blesed to be an older lady.

Sorry,I guess I could be called an "old lady " and I completely agree about Denim & Co. I'm tired of the cheap looking loud prints, I could carry them off, put I sure don't want to.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Please stop with the Old Lady comments.  I'm 84 + and I think with my hair and makeup done, and at 110 pounds, I can pull off pretty much anything you can. Old Lady is an attitude and depends on more than just a clothing style or brand.  Let's see how things look to you when and if you're blessed to be an older lady.

@Perkup

While I'm not the one that made the comment I think perhaps matronly would be a better description. Anyone can look matronly at any age. I think the Q is bent on covering it all up and making sure no one knows you're a female! While obviously it's not true across the board and you can certainly style things in your own way it does seem to be a common theme around here

@Nonametoday

Pamela Dennis landed at HSN. I saw one presentation where she made a lot of noise about pleasing the buyers and I haven't seen her since