Trusted Contributor
All of the fashions on QVC look the same these days. Polyester oversize tunics and loud dated prints. I really miss Motto for their unique and modern styles and the old Linea When the styles were fitted and More natural fabrics were used
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I'm missing those designers too. Denim & Co. looks old lady to me, and Susan Graver has prints that I wouldn't wear. The Q is lacking style and relies on the same designers over and over again. I've stopped the purchasing. 

Pleae stop with the Old Lady comments.  I'm 84 + and I think with my hair and makeup done, and at 110 pounds, I can pull off pretty much anything you can. Old Lady is an attitude and depends on more than just a clothing style or brand.  Let's see how things look to you when and if you're blesed to be an older lady.

@Perkup  I agree that those comments are unnecessary and derogatory. Good for you. 

Respected Contributor

@

Honored Contributor

@PerkupYou go girl....love your young heart and I'm using you as a role model for my future!

Respected Contributor

Came back to clarify comments.  Seems to me that some are confusing what appears to them as old lady with just plain ugly.  I've shopped with a dear friend who is a large size (due to gladular problems she cannot help).  The clothing offered in her sizes is often hideous. I cannot imagine putting this on the market with my name as designer.  Why do designers/buyers assume that just because you are a larger size you have zero taste? Or because you are older you have no sense of style?  There are some lovely prints, but I seldom see those on QVC. As for styles, I choose a more modest style today - no boobs and buns showing . I dress to please myself- not the general publlic. I'm not out to impress anyone, so long as I like what the mirror reflects. I'm older - not quite "old", and definitely a lady.  i'll be old one day when I choose to no longer care. But that hasn't happened yet, and I refuse to accept the predictable slams.

Esteemed Contributor

And Denim & Co's Gary Gobin (or whatever his name is) travels to Europe to check out the latest fashion trends for inspiration.  Oh Lordy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Yes, I'm missing you...

[ Edited ]

I had a dissertation prepared but I felt best not to type it, lest I get thrown out of the community for eternity.  If you are, like I am, tired of what they are offering, let them know. 

Send your notes to customer service.  I have enjoyed having a new look like Martha Stewart and Brooke Shields.  At least, it gives options to the same old, same old. 

Frankly I do not like Martha's stuff but I know there are many who do and I have found it refreshing that she represents another demographic. 

I have seen Louis dell Olio stymied by parameters set by QVC when, without the Linea ladies, he would have been terminated.  

I used to love Joan Rivers line, but what happened when she died?  David obviously does not negotiate well with QVC minus the chutzpah and charm of Joan.

I know not everyone has enjoyed all these, but it certainly is a great juxtaposition to that Monday night lineup.  

Does QVC have a death wish or do they want to remain relevant.  Some of the designers from HSN would be a real boost to the regular QVC lineup.  So, will they too be dashed to the curb?

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

And Denim & Co's Gary Gobin (or whatever his name is) travels to Europe to check out the latest fashion trends for inspiration.  Oh Lordy.

You gave me a very hearty laugh.  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup. Well said!!!!  Just because we have been around for a while doesn't mean we need to look like the 1800s.  

Most of us prefer classic clothing, which is timeless.  A cashmere sweater in a classic style will never be out of date.  Trendy, well that speaks for itself.

Besides, we aren't "old ladies";  we are ladies who have aged gracefully, like a fine wine!

Honored Contributor

Re: Yes, I'm missing you...

[ Edited ]

I haven't purchased a fashion item from QVC for at least a few years.

Last thing I think was a moto jacket and a t-shirt from the H by Halston line.  Jacket is nice, but the t-shirt is just ordinary.  I do better shopping locally, in person.

I can't really say there are any designers I miss from QVC, having not been a big buyer at any time.