Honored Contributor

This one would drive me crazy-

Valued Contributor

I could see Kim Kardashian wearing this one!  Notice I said, "I could see...", NOT I WANT to see.  hahaha

Esteemed Contributor

Yay to the overlay- especially for spring/summer.

DS getting married this summer. Bridesmaids will be sporting a modified long over short dress.. I will be wearing an overlay long sheer over long for the wedding and a long over short black C. Wonder maxi bought last year for the rehearsal dinnet if it fits. I have lost weight since buying the dress.

What's with that sheer skirt over black jeans??

Honored Contributor

I didn't see this at QVC first, I saw it in person first and at least 5 years ago. It was on several young women in prom dresses at a restaurant I went to for dinner.  Some of them had on miniskirted dresses with the chiffon overlay, similar to the red tank dress, but a prom dress. I hated them.

But, like almost everything else, I cannot make a blanket statement about overlays because they can look dramatically different. Some I hate, some I love, some I don't understand.

I might like the first black and white one, but I don't understand the shorts. A longer skirt I might like, but Ii'm not sure. I think it looks great on the model, but I sure wouldn't wear it. I mostly feel like they ruined a great dress by opening it up and adding shorts. Love the second black and white one and would wear that, hate the red one. (I didn't include it, but the jeans with the tulle skirt overlay are ridiculous.) The bottom outfit is another I don't understand. Is it warm or isn't it? So confusing. I feel like they either ruined a great romper or a great dress. If you want a romper for freedom of movement and to keep you cool, why would you put a huge skirt overlay on it? It just makes no sense to me.

@lolakimono wrote:

I have seen a few of these here and there (first saw it on the Q).

Here are some examples:

This is a jumpsuit-

Honored Contributor

Nay!

Honored Contributor

I can't disparage a design detail that's done so differently from one piece to the next! There's something for everyone's aesthetic!

I guess I say 'yay' to most things because I can always find an example of a particular style or embellishment that appeals to me...

Respected Contributor
I like some of it. Not a fan of the sheer overlay over the bottoms of skirts and dresses. I do love long dusters as an alternative to cardigans and jackets.
Respected Contributor

What was old is new again.

i have seen dresses worn over leggings around here

Respected Contributor

Daughter tried one of these the other day shopping for her daughter's wedding. She looks young and has a cute figure, but we both gave the style a big NO.

Honored Contributor

All of the examples in the OP look awful to me. Occasionally, it can be done well but the current trends in fashion are extreme variations in length, etc. and it simply looks bad.