Respected Contributor

Re: YOYOY are petites continually, perpetually forgotten by QVC?

I agree! I need petite sizes in jackets/coats and pants, which they usually don't carry. I also have wide feet, and only a fraction of shoes are wide. Therefore, I can't buy. I can get a regular XS in most shirts without the sleeves being too long. QVC is sacrificing a lot of $$$ by neglecting us. I'm 5'3" and have problems, so I can't imagine what the shorter ladies go through (sorry if that sounds like a dig, but I've always been insecure about my height).

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/4/2014 luvpoos said:
On 9/4/2014 chrystaltree said:

....I get it. So, go buy your tops from someone else.

And that's exactly what I do. I don't have to be told to that, but thanks anyway.

Yes....i agree luvpoos......unecessary comment

Honored Contributor

I agree with you.

Petites are forgotten in most retail stores, on line only, at least Q could feature them.

Respected Contributor

On 9/4/2014 MarthaStewardess said:
On 9/4/2014 iluvacop said: At least petites are offered in a lot of their clothing lines. Try needing talls! Now THAT is the group that is perpetually forgotten. How many times do you hear a host say "we have this in regular and petites". And if you ever were offered a top that is for petites, you would never see one offered specifically for talls. At least if you are petite and REALLY liked a top, you could have it altered. Try doing that with talls!

Well said!!!!

They routinely offer sizes in petite, regular and up to 3X, but no talls.

ITA ladies! They ignore us tall ladies daily. Guess they don't want us tall gals wearing their pants. You can always hem something up but you can't make them any longer. I guess that 2-3 inches of extra material at the bottom is SO hard to do and adds up to no profit for sellers.....yeah....right.

Respected Contributor

None of the Q's power people is a short woman.

Super Contributor

QVC caters to the masses, the "average", they are not and have never been, a specialty store. They do offer limited quantities of petite and tall sizes but do not expect them to have full lines and offer things in all these sizes for every item they sell. It just isn't going to happen.

If you are a tough to fit size, or are very short or very tall, IMO it's best to shop elsewhere, such as specialty shops or stores that do offer what you're looking for. I understand the issue of wanting extended sizing in things, but I can also accept reality and understand that it just isn't something they are going to do.

I do however, think that when they do something like a TSV, they do need to offer the three lengths (reg, pet & tall), if the TSV includes pants or a skirt in the offering. Because, they have ultimate control over the TSVs and often they are made just for QVC. So they tell the manufacturer what sizes what lengths etc. that they want and they can get it.

Respected Contributor

THe TSV isn't long at all-The SG rep is 5'1"" and Amy is 5'3"" and it wasn't oversized in the least

Trusted Contributor

QVC is better about offering petites than it used to be. So many retailers are offering petites now that I very rarely buy something that has to be hemmed. Too many other choices.

Super Contributor

I wanted to try her new pants that were on the air today but they were only available in petite and regular.

30" for the regular would have them flapping above my ankles.

Petites can at least hem if they want to, talls can't make fabric appear by magic.

Super Contributor

As a tall I feel for you. We are forgotten too.