Contributor

Re: YOYOY are petites continually, perpetually forgotten by QVC?

Susan graver is 5'4 & it looked to long on her. Also, a lot of petite pants are offered in a 27" inseam which is too short. I agree about the talls. You can see how short the pants are on the models in the regular inseam!
Honored Contributor

The SG line is not interested in catering to petites even though I'm sure it would benefit every one. I decided this morning,after I saw her bring her petite assistant out to show us how her TSV looks on a petite frame, that I was done supporting her line. Susan giggled and laughed at her 5ft 2 model while she was trying to get us petite gals to take the bait. SG is petite herself and looks ridiculous in some of these fashions. The only way the Q and their so called designers will cater to the petites is if we stop buying the regular sized clothes.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/4/2014 donovan said:

I wanted to try her new pants that were on the air today but they were only available in petite and regular.

30" for the regular would have them flapping above my ankles.

Petites can at least hem if they want to, talls can't make fabric appear by magic.

Good point.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The irony is that most of the women I know are around 5'5 or 5'6" yet they make a big deal when they have a model who's less than 10 feet tall!

The problem with their idea of petite is not petite. Most people (like me, I'm around 5'4) a petite is a little too long. Yet at brick and motar (as they call it) they are the right size.

My gripe is the sleeves. Who has arms (other than the models) that are that long?

Everything comes to my fingertips.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the SG TSV because it is actually not as long or large looking as most of SG's clothing. I am a 4p and 5'1"".

Occasional Contributor

I'm glad to see this topic here - I've stopped buying SG tops, they are all just ridiculously long on me. And, I am size XL to 1X, so the designers add yet another 2-3 inches, thinking.. well, if we're plus size, we must also be amazon women. When you are 5'1" and plus sized, this is not a good look, makes your legs look like tree stumps. I do buy a lot of D & C jersey knits, or anything with cotton because I know I can wash and dry about 2 inches off of those.

I realize we are all different heights and sizes, but it would be nice if the designers (not just SG) would offer a few items in their line of tops, that are for petites. Let's stop all the excuses they use, always wanting to "cover everything", it is what it is!!!

Very frustrating, as I enjoy shopping with QVC, I have really bad knees and cannot walk the big malls.