Respected Contributor

Re: YOU don't need a SLIP or a Shaper... YES I DO ... ha ha....

@Ms tyrion2, @Caaareful Shopper

You ladies are lucky to have nice-looking legs at your age. Not everyone is so lucky. Mine are not veiny but they're very pale and I hate messing with leg makeup or self-tanner so I find that pantyhose just gives my legs a little color and gives my outfit a more "finished" look.

Respected Contributor

I wear half slips all the time. I usually order from Amazon.

I wear skirts most of the time and would feel funny if I wasn’t wearing a slip.

Trusted Contributor

Ladies - thanks so much for all your comments, at least I know that i'm not alone.  I need my slips. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

I am a believer in the half-slip. I don't want to provide a blatant look of what's underneath my skirt.

Jockey Skimmies allow a fairly good look at one's legs. Of course, if that's your goal --fine!

Valued Contributor

I'm old enough to remember wearing "pettipants".  Here's a picture. Wore them under my uniform skirt.  Back then, I didn't need the control feature in spanx or slimmers. Now, I just wear pants or capris all the time.  Only have one dress to my name.

c312880_1_lg.jpg

Honored Contributor

IF  I wear a dress or skirt that can be seen through, I'll wear a slip or half slip, but that's so rare I can't remember the last time.  I'm a pants-wearer and with that I rarely choose anything else other than light support if I feel I need it..  I still have a litte drawer with my emergency 70's slips and pettipants (yes, pattipants Woman LOL....  still in great condition, ( I didn't wear them much then either....) 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

I'm old enough to remember wearing "pettipants".  Here's a picture. Wore them under my uniform skirt.  Back then, I didn't need the control feature in spanx or slimmers. Now, I just wear pants or capris all the time.  Only have one dress to my name.

c312880_1_lg.jpg

Ms. C

You made my day, a flash from the past.  I never had these but this is an item I doubt they even make anymore.  Well, that is not true, I think I saw them in my roman's catalog.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2

Some of the slip wearers seem to be operating under the delusion that the very act of wearing a slp somehow makes them an authority on fashion ; being judgemental and snarky is some sort of bonus...

do as you wish and let others do the same...

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

Some of the slip wearers seem to be operating under the delusion that the very act of wearing a slp somehow makes them an authority on fashion ; being judgemental and snarky is some sort of bonus...

Some posters seem to be operating under the delusion that because they post a picture of what they wear every day, that makes them an authority on fashion, too.  I agree with the OP, and she has a right to her observations. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Colinka wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

Some posters seem to be operating under the delusion that because they post a picture of what they wear every day, that makes them an authority on fashion, too.  I agree with the OP, and she has a right to her observations. 

@Colinka

Yep that's me! Always telling people how to dress and putting them down for their choices!

So you get off on insulting others too? Does it make you feel better about yourself?