Respected Contributor

Re: YOU don't need a SLIP or a Shaper... YES I DO ... ha ha....

I only wear a slip if the dress or skirt can be seen through in the sun or with a harsh backlight.

Honored Contributor

I have not worn a slip since grade school I do wear the Jockey Skimmies every time I wear a dress, it keeps my thighs from rubbing

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Also I was on the bus and this lady stood up, her ENTIRE LONG SKIRT was inside her legs and she did not know...and kept walking, it was a SIGHT!!!

Also I have seen ladies stand up and the skirt is in their to put it nicely...crevice... it is just to much.

But what is WORST is when a lady has a lot of LUMPS and cellulite and it is like you are looking at cottage cheese and all the shaky shaky.

OH the sites are just too much.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unless the skirt/dress is lined I ALWAYS wear a slip.  Jockies show the leg band under certain styles and always ride up.....plus a slip just finishes off the outfit, I don't want the sun shining thru my skirt/dress and the outline of my legs showing....TMI.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still have a couple of them and need them when I wear thin fabric skirts or dresses. One reason why I like leather is that the sun can't shine through it and "expose" you.

Super Contributor

I do wear a slip if in a dress, maxi or skirt that is not lined. I have half slips, midi slips, long slips and even cotton slips which are cooler in the summer. I hate those Jockey skimmers- hot first of all,you still see a space between your legs if in the sunshine ,they are kind of a shaper and I really do not like shapers at all and they ride up on my legs.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am 62 and haven’t  owned or worn a slip in 30 years. Of course I haven’t  worn a dress in that long either. I wear jeans, shorts or pants all year. No skimmies or whatever they are either. It’s hot enough here without extra under garments.

Respected Contributor

There are a number of ladies on NYC local news who never wear a slip.  One weather girl needs one desperately.  Her tight, ill-fitting sheath dresses cling to her ample lower torso, outlining everything.

I cannot believe that no one (in wardrobe) has ever told her a slip would make her appearance less revealing.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I’m in my mid-fifties and I haven’t worn a slip for about 20 years! 😃  

I wear Jockey Skimmies at all times when I wear a skirt or dress.  

@Caaareful Shopper

pretty much the same timeline for me. i much prefer skimmies or shapewear rather than a slip. have not work one for 20-25 years.

if you are looking for slips i have seen them in kohls.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB  Yes I still have slips. It was hard enough to give panty hose but never the slip. I don’t want everyone to know my shape under my dress if I walk out into the sunlight. 

Remember that dress of Princess Diana’s?