Esteemed Contributor

YES or NO......Pants with decorative zippers!

I have come across at least three pairs of pants i would have loved to order.....but like every other designer on QVC

each of them have gone zipper crazy................just don't care for the zippers at the bottom (ankle area) of pants....to me it doesn't add anything to the pants....and open looks messy.................................what do you think??

Honored Contributor

Re: YES or NO......Pants with decorative zippers!

I like them.  Depends on the style, material, and how they are made.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17  I bought a pair of Kims flexabell capris with zippers only because I wanted another pair that was a bit different as I had a couple pairs of regular ones and I love the fit of flexabell. I keep the zippers closed. I don't care for zippers on long pants but the ones I have are OK. 

Honored Contributor

I am not much into zippers and buttons as a style element. Sometimes they can ruin the entire look for me

Honored Contributor

YES for me - but it depends on how noticeable the zipper is. Two of my favorite pants, by Women with Control, have zippers at the ankles. But the zippers are almost invisible. They are the same color as the pants (black and navy). In the colder months I sometimes unzip them when wearing bulky boots. In warmer months they show off sandals. Yesterday I wore them zipped. I love them and tried to get more, but they are long gone.  Smiley Sad

I also have some Belle capris and jeans with more noticeable zippers. I wear them in the warmer months.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I prefer my zippers to be USEFUL, and hidden by a lap

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I have come across at least three pairs of pants i would have loved to order.....but like every other designer on QVC

each of them have gone zipper crazy................just don't care for the zippers at the bottom (ankle area) of pants....to me it doesn't add anything to the pants....and open looks messy.................................what do you think??

@kelsey17   I agree, but for different reasons. I'd like a little embroidery at the hemline, a zipper, meh. I can't wear either because of the hemming issue. On regular length pants, I lose at least 6"-8" at the bottom. Any decoration is gone & those details usually add cost to the pants/jeans. I can't wear petites because of the short rise. I did find a pr. of Capri length jeans a few years ago with zipper details at the hem that fit me as full length jeans. 😜 I enjoyed the look of partially unzipping them to show my ankle boots. That's the only plus I can see...show the boots or shoes. 

Honored Contributor

Definitely NO! Total turnoff!

Honored Contributor

I do like it on some pants.  I have a few with zippers and I find them fresh looking and alittle edgy.  

Honored Contributor

That's a no for me.
"To each their own, in all things".