Honored Contributor
On 2/27/2014 sparklestar said:

Just words, talk ... sales tactic.

Precisely. That 'straight shooter, down to earth' thing is HER signature mantra...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/28/2014 baker said:

Nobody is scolding any one, it is what is is!

We will have to agree to disagree on what scolding is. As for "it is what it is" I have no clue what you mean.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Super Contributor
On 2/28/2014 grandma r said:

I did hear the comment. Said she doesn't lead with the watch and the handbag. She was selling a watch at the time. I did think it was a direct remark against Lisa. I also thought it was in poor taste. Jill comes off as being the friend next door. That may be true; I don't personally know any of the hosts. However, I have observed that Jill likes her expensive clothing and jewelry.That said, these ladies work for a living and can spend their money on whatever they like.

Yes, I've heard her make Snarky remarks like that on occasion...
I think she gets frantic when items in her shows don't sell well. Then she goes into desperation mode and points out 10 different ways to wear it, gift it, etc.

She might be many posters' favorite host but 2 things about her really turn me off -- her "School Marm" way of talking, and her laugh (it's way over the top most of the time). Just my opinion, of course.

Respected Contributor
On 2/28/2014 queendiva said:

Jill spends mega bucks on her on-air wardrobe. They generally do not flatter, IMO. For example: the two tone leather top worn in her silver show. Complimented neither the jewelry nor her.

I agree, Jill's clothes often do not flatter her. I'm watching the beauty show and the sleeveless dress is bad on her- heavy upper arms and boxy figure. The necklaces do not work with the dress and Jill's hair is so dated and soccer mom. Most of Q's female hosts look way too conservative. I think many HSN hosts dress with more flair.

Frequent Contributor
Would you prefer to see the hosts dress like the people of Walmart? Of course they wear expensive clothes and have nice things. They are on television and are dissected like frogs under a microscope by the people who watch them. So I'm sure they spend a lot of time and money trying to look nice, because who would want to read such critical comments about themselves?
Honored Contributor
On 3/1/2014 florey said: Would you prefer to see the hosts dress like the people of Walmart?

Heavens no, then we'd really have a lot to complain about. I don't mind when a host tells what is going on in their life. It doesn't come across as bragging, unless it is excessive, and I can only think of one hostess who overdoes the talking about her girls and sister.

Frequent Contributor

Jill is awesome! She's The Real Deal-- wife, mom, and hardworking woman. What more can we ask for?? I personally think she is the definition of a lady. It's a breath of fresh air in this hard world we're living in.

Honored Contributor
On 2/28/2014 grandma r said:

I did hear the comment. Said she doesn't lead with the watch and the handbag. She was selling a watch at the time. I did think it was a direct remark against Lisa. I also thought it was in poor taste. Jill comes off as being the friend next door. That may be true; I don't personally know any of the hosts. However, I have observed that Jill likes her expensive clothing and jewelry.That said, these ladies work for a living and can spend their money on whatever they like.

I guess then the jokes on Jill because it wouldn't matter what she leads with... she'd still be on the dowdy side, irritating to listen to, and firmly ensconced on the Q's second string...

Honored Contributor
On 3/1/2014 Mayflowers said:

Jill is awesome! She's The Real Deal-- wife, mom, and hardworking woman. What more can we ask for?? I personally think she is the definition of a lady. It's a breath of fresh air in this hard world we're living in.

Which just goes to show how different all our perceptions can be...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Guess this is a big reason why QVC employs different personalities and host types...

Contributor
On 2/28/2014 faeriemoon said:

I think she was trying to counteract the effects of the comments continually made by the host who says people judge you by the bag you're carrying when you walk into a room.

Whether or not she believes that, I don't know. I don't think of Jill as the showy type. Having and enjoying nice things doesn't make you showy.

That was my interpretation as well!