Regular Contributor

I heard Jill's comment and immediately thought...yeah right! Jill makes a point of letting you know she has this high-end John Hardy, Judith Ripka, Michael Dawkins, etc. just to name a few. She cares what people think, otherwise she would NOT have made that comment.

If she were at a gathering of women, she would sum other women up by their handbag, shoes and jewelry. We all look for cues to learn more about other people, especially women. There's nothing wrong with this. I appreciate LR for being honest about it.

Regular Contributor

I heard Jill's comment and immediately thought...yeah right! Jill makes a point of letting you know she has this high-end John Hardy, Judith Ripka, Michael Dawkins, etc. just to name a few. She cares what people think, otherwise she would NOT have made that comment.

If she were at a gathering of women, she would sum other women up by their handbag, shoes and jewelry. We all look for cues to learn more about other people, especially women. There's nothing wrong with this. I appreciate LR for being honest about it.

Regular Contributor

technical glitch...excuse the double post. . Don't judge LOL.

Super Contributor
I heard the same comment during the watch presentation. Yes, she was making a sales pitch, but also thought she had a point. There is a difference between loving/having nice things and letting them define you. In that case, she was talking about loving a watch that was not super expensive. The whole concept of "lead with your watch and your bag" is ridiculous, in my opinion. I wear an expensive watch because I love it. I don't advertise that fact and certainly don't expect others to define or judge me by it. I hope they will define me by my personality, intelligence, sense of humor, etc. - not by what is on my wrist.
Respected Contributor

I don't know Jill, probably would not recognize her if I passed her on the street. What I like is her non pretentious presentations. I like the fact that she isn't presenting something and trying to make the viewer wish for more. She doesn't play on your emotions in order to make a sale. I don't like having a host pretend to get all emotional when selling a cross or a Bible and I don't like when we are expected to aspire to Madison Avenue, or the Hamptons, or 5th Avenue. All we have to do is like something enough to purchase it and enjoy it for what it is, not for what we might wish it was to impress others. That seems to be her style of selling.

Respected Contributor

This thread is timely. Last night Jill presented 3 silver Affinity stack rings for around $150. She said they were a copy of a set of 14K and diamond stack rings she wears and viewers ask her about. Hers were purchased many years ago for more than $150 each. Now they'd be worth thousands of dollars.

QVC viewers you can have a cheap copy of the expensive rings Jill wears.

Valued Contributor

I find it interesting that there is so much discussion on these boards about the personality, values, etc. of hosts.

Why does anyone care? Their job is to present products. If they do a good job, poor job, etc presenting the product, I think that's all we should be concerned with.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/27/2014 Raider Fan said: I dunno, I rather believe her. She is a no nonsense gal and has never appeared to me as pretentious or vain.

I agree with you.

Respected Contributor
On 2/28/2014 queendiva said:

Jill spends mega bucks on her on-air wardrobe. They generally do not flatter, IMO. For example: the two tone leather top worn in her silver show. Complimented neither the jewelry nor her.

This is so true...that top was so unflattering on her...I LOVED her nail polish though...think I have one that looks like it that I bought the other day. But some of those expensive tops and blouses...they really look bad on her.

Valued Contributor
On 2/28/2014 colliegirls said:
On 2/27/2014 Nancy Drew said:

Jill loves her labels and high end brand names so I find that odd that she said that.

A person can love nice expensive items, it does not have to define them. Others are all about their material goods.

Absolutely right...I totally agree. Liking and having nice things and bragging about them are two different things. Some hosts accept their blessings in style, others use them as a vehicle to get others to think better of them.

Maria