Honored Contributor

YAY! GOING ON VACATION TO SHOP

DH always exhausted by April 18th (tax accountant) & likes to get away since he also closes office for several days. Some years we’ve gone to Charleston, Savannah, Asheville, but this year I suggested DC. He took the bait.

We’ll be staying in McLean VA...short drive or take train into DC, but best part? Our hotel is smack dab in the middle of Tyson’s Mall & The Galleria....NM, Saks, Bloomies, big Nordstrom, Tiffany (will just look in the window) & LV across the street the last time I went. 

With my 70th birthday in July, I may purchase my own gift. 😜

Hubby? He loves the museums in DC while I’m shopping & if he takes our car, the hotel has a free shuttle every hour back & forth to the malls! I also love the boutique shops in Georgetown and Alexandria. If all else fails, very close by is Leesburg....outlet heaven.

Of course, I’ll spend a few days in the art museums, too. He likes the ones I can pass...the money museum...with sheets on paper money...how it’s printed, etc., the air & space, and a few others he can visit w/o me. 

I’m so excited. Like a kid in a candy store...saving up my money....

Oh, they have wonderful craft museums and bead stores and plan to purchase some stones....so technically also a business trip. Yeah, right. Lol

Super Contributor

Re: YAY! GOING ON VACATION TO SHOP

Now don't forget Potomac Mills.  

Frequent Contributor

It sounds like it will be the perfect get-away. Congratulations on your well-planned & well-deserved vacation.

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”
Respected Contributor

Have fun! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sounds marvelous!!

I'm partial to Georgetown and Old Town Alexandria high on the list. Smiley Happy

I live 5 minutes from Old Town Alexandria (when there are no bicyclists in the one-lane street).  Treat yourselft to the Chart House restaurant on the water (Potomac River) if it's good weather.  You can also take the water taxi from there to National Harbour.

Enjoy your vacation, whatever you do!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Sounds marvelous!!

I'm partial to Georgetown and Old Town Alexandria high on the list. Smiley Happy

I live 5 minutes from Old Town Alexandria (when there are no bicyclists in the one-lane street).  Treat yourselft to the Chart House restaurant on the water (Potomac River) if it's good weather.  You can also take the water taxi from there to National Harbour.

Enjoy your vacation, whatever you do!

@Caaareful Shopper  Yes. We’ve been to Chart House...great seafood! On King Street, there were a few antique shops I loved, too.

Honored Contributor

@aoldgirl wrote:

Now don't forget Potomac Mills.  

@aoldgirl  On my list...pass it on the way up along w/ IKEA.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Sounds like a wonderful plan. One day we’ll go there too. Enjoy!!

Respected Contributor

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor