Honored Contributor

XXS WITH 33” CHEST? NO WAY!

Just now watching recorded AM Style from yesterday. The Halston rep said she’s wearing an XXS in the “essentials crew neck top”. She’s obviously not flat chested & definitely not a 33” chest measurement as indicated on the chart just shown for XXS.

So what’s the point of giving us false sizing info? Certainly reps, vendors and hosts can’t be so vain that they can’t say the actual size they have on...S, M, or L. Leah, Antonella or Carolyn don’t have an issue admitting to a Large or XL. 

Are some of these women continuing the never ending fat shaming by being embarrassed to say they’re not a size Small?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: XXS WITH 33” CHEST? NO WAY!

@Shanus, I wasn't paying attention to that yesterday morning, but I get annoyed when they show three different models in an XS and one in a 1X.  I want to see all sizes represented, including 2X and 3X.  It is nice to see differences between petites, regulars, and talls, but I really want to see what a medium looks like on a model who really wears a medium.  I can determine length for myself.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

You don't have to be 'flat chested' to have a 33" chest.  Sometimes I can wear an xxs top and I  wear a  32DD bra. So I think it just depends on the fit of the top.

Respected Contributor

To the posters who routinely are up in arms about hosts lying about their size and wearing a XXS or XS :

I wear both of those sizes from QVC and a medium in tops from other places.I f you haven't noticed,  QVC sizing is very LARGE! Not nearly the same as regular garment sizing!

CALM DOWN!!! GEEEESH!

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the rep yesterday, but can't imagine why she'd lie.  If she didn't want to talk about her size, she could have worn a different top and focused on the models sizng.

Trusted Contributor

some people tink t hat wearing a very small size is a badge of honor.  me? i could careless.  i care only abut how the it fits me no matter what the size.

Honored Contributor

Some of it depends on your bone structure, and how narrow your rib cage is. Just because your frame is wider, doesn't mean you are fat

Honored Contributor

Accusing hosts & vendors of lying about sizing Woman Tongue yet another protest thread Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested, the video is up and she said XS, not XXS.  

XS is two inches larger.  A311530

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Am I missing something here 33" is not a huge chest, it is rather small, if she said she was a 35 or 36 then I would question the vendor rep

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.