Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

Interesting. Well, this brand will gradually change and eventually be forgotten. In the meantime, a few people will GET a lot more money.

It seems inevitable that brands of every type are grown and sold on, sometimes over and over, until they finally become obsolete. Look at the giant hulking ship that blocked the Suez for a week. People making ships made bigger and bigger and bigger ones, until they became too big to fit anywhere. And then a lot of other people LOST a lot of money! 

@KaySD  I don't think they are analogous.

IMO brands that are bought out are never as good. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee And I am agreeing with you. They get watered down, overproduced, distorted, exaggerated, beaten to death, or otherwise turned from something with a lot of specificity to something generic and mostly profit-margin-driven.

Occasional Contributor

WOW!  Thanks for this info, not good news tho.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

If I'm interpretting the agreement correctly the Q still has debt outstanding to Logo and rather than absorbing the debt XCel is permitting Logo to collect and the funds have been credited to the purchase price....

The way the agreement is structured makes me think the Q is in some trouble....

@Andreatoo   Excellent read. (I'm also a trial lawyer.)

Respected Contributor

Included in the announcement:

"A pioneer in the field, Lori Goldstein was one of the s world's first stylists, whose interpretations of fashion and beauty have produced some of the most groundbreaking and iconic images in fashion and popular culture over the last four decades. She began her career as a fashion stylist in the early 80s working with Annie Leibovitz. Throughout their 20-year partnership, they collaborated on the American Express "Portraits" campaign, which was named "Campaign of the Decade" by Advertising Age and the Gap's "Individuals of Style" ad campaign, one of the first ad campaigns dedicated to celebrating the style of celebrities and leaders from the arts and culture community. A longtime contributor to Vanity Fair, Lori worked with Leibovitz on many memorable covers, including the culture-jolting cover of a nude and pregnant Demi Moore. In the 90s, Lori started working with leading fashion photographer Steven Meisel. Their creative collaboration has produced nearly 70 covers of Italian Vogue. Goldstein and Meisel's Valley of the Dolls-inspired campaign for Versace in 2000 was an epic piece that led to an exhibition of the classic photo series titled "Four Days in L.A.: The Versace Pictures." Her work with Madonna on the music video "Take a Bow" won her a VH1 Fashion and Music Award for Best Stylist. Lori authored Style Is Instinct, an anthology of her work including over eighty astounding images that she created in collaboration with the world's finest photographers, published in 2013."

Respected Contributor

c. wonder is another XCEL BRAND

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

If I'm interpretting the agreement correctly the Q still has debt outstanding to Logo and rather than absorbing the debt XCel is permitting Logo to collect and the funds have been credited to the purchase price....

The way the agreement is structured makes me think the Q is in some trouble....

@Andreatoo   Excellent read. (I'm also a trial lawyer.)

@1Professor 

I am a paralegal in real estate/probate. On occasion we have facilitated some business sales

Honored Contributor

Re: XCEL Purchases LOGO

[ Edited ]

Looking at "who we are " and "what we do" for Xcel is interesting.

Appears to be a good move for LOGO.

Trusted Contributor

Good for Lori. She has an excellent pedigree and has worked forever. I had no idea she styled Madonna in Take a Bow. I always thought that Madonna was gorgeously dressed in that video. And so it was Lori who did that. Who knew?

I will fully admit that I would buy more of her garments if they had straight hems. The hems make me crazy. And I'm too short to pull them off as much as I'd like to. However, I buy lots of her straight hem tie dye. She has a great eye for colors.

I know her mom is still alive and Lori takes good care of her. Very admirable. So I wish her nothing but joy and happiness with her new venture.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Some brands are always going to get better press here on the forums than others, but overall the forum is a tiny piece of the company and what counts is where buyers put their money, not just where they put their mouth.

i never buy LOGO because I don’t think it would flatter me, but I never bought Linea for the same reason - never thought it would flatter me, two brands sold by very accomplished designers with great cred in the industry - just not for me no matter how many people love and wear them.