Honored Contributor

Re: XCEL Brands Relaunching C Wonder on HSN

So Siriano will become the Mizrahi of HSN?  Or so they hope.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Christian Sirano becomes the Isaac Mizrahi of HSN?

@Kachina624 

I sure hope not.  He has more talent in his little toe than Isaac ever had.  Looking forward to what he brings.  

@mspatmac    Don't underestimate Isaac.  We don't see anything he designs, just stuff that Excel has him sell.

I was on a cruise ship some years ago, before Isaac hit QVC, that had an Isaac boutique, his couture line.  They had beautiful things.

@Kachina624 

I am very familiar with Issac prior to QVC and bought a number of his pieces, still wear the cutest pair of flip flops.  Perhaps I was a bit harsh but I do think Christian is a better designer so we shall see what he brings.  BTW did you see the colors of the year? Looks like a combination you might like.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac    Yes, I just wrote a comment on that thread.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Christian Sirano is going to be quite busy. 

Three days ago he announced that he is the new Denim Designer for the re-vamped Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans brand.  Only available at Macy's, for now.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Christian could be the Lori Goldstein of HSN.

Remember,  she's an Xcel employee too.

@Johnnyeager   I have a feeling his offerings will have wider appeal.

@Kachina624 

One could only hope!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Christian Sirano becomes the Isaac Mizrahi of HSN?

@Kachina624 

I sure hope not.  He has more talent in his little toe than Isaac ever had.  Looking forward to what he brings.  

@mspatmac    Don't underestimate Isaac.  We don't see anything he designs, just stuff that Excel has him sell.

I was on a cruise ship some years ago, before Isaac hit QVC, that had an Isaac boutique, his couture line.  They had beautiful things.

I totally agree @Kachina624 !  I have a pair of Isaac's boots I bought years ago at NM on sale that I treasure to this day.  Gorgeous and timeless.  Also following him on social media, he frequently posts pictures from his runway shows of the past with some of the famous supermodels and his designs are / were just fabulous!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope that the "new" C Wonder comes back with the same fabrics and sizing / cut.  

I was late to C Wonder on QVC.  I didn't try anything until they were clearing them out.  After I bought the first piece - I came back and bought many others.  Fab fit.  Love the fabrics and prints.

Isaac's clothes just don't fit my body - his cut reminded me of Jones NY and several others in that range -  cut too narrow through the shoulders and short-waisted.  Can't wear them!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Christian is a great designer. The problem is, will HSN give him free reign to design what He wants to? I think QVC puts a lot of restrictions on designers and that's why everything looks the same
Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 

I don't HSN much - but I haven't seen as much copy-cat fahions as I do on QVC.

I remember when CS was on Project Runway ....so many years ago,

I just looked his bio ..... if it's not out of date .... he lives just a couple of blocks from me!

---------------------------------------------------------------

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
Yes, Christian is a great designer. The problem is, will HSN give him free reign to design what He wants to? I think QVC puts a lot of restrictions on designers and that's why everything looks the same

Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:

@Steffdoggy10   Exactly my thought.