Trusted Contributor

Re: WynneDenim - HSN TS 10/20

Anybody know what the rises are?
TIA!

Respected Contributor

@Magny , totally my question too!  Why didn't she give the rise measurements?  These jeans seem nice and I love Marla, She is hilarious. But I am short-waisted and so high-rise jeans go way up over my belly button! Not good! From the presentation I suspect the rise is close to 10", and I see the crotch is drooping on some models (hate that)-  I'm Not taking the risk today but I hope everyone loves them! I live in jeans. I would never go out in anything else-

Respected Contributor

I got them in the dark rinse. We shall see. I have certainly have gotten an education about jeans. She is hilarious! 

Trusted Contributor

What is everyone's verdict on these? I haven't ordered yet; the high waist may be an issue for me. It seems to hit right where my belly piercing is and that won't work for me. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Magny The garment measurements tab is under the Size and Fit information and gives the stats for the jeans.  I have decided to try  them in the mid wash since I love straight leg jeans and that is the one style I can use more of.   I ordered the same size I wear in flatter fit and hope they are loose enough.  I Do Not wear very tight jeans, ever.   That is the one concern I have about ordering this initial stock since all the pics of the different size models are wearing the jeans tighter than I wear them.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I'll wait for the bootcut although I would prefer even less stretch.  I really don't care for much stretch in my jeans.  I'll also be interested in the rise as mentioned by another poster.  I have a couple of pair of her faux suede pants which didn't come in petite, so I had to have them hemmed.  Not sure how the rise compares to the jeans.  They have no waistband.  

I recently bought the Iman TSV pants whch, I know, is nothing like these.  But, I bought the average because I needed the length for heels.  They did need hemming, but only the width of the exidting hem which is, like, 1/2", so the petite just wouldn't do for heels.  I measured the inseam of more than one pair of pants before deciding.  However, my one complaint, and the reason I probably won't buy Iman again, is how long the rise was.  I ended up doubling over the waistband and I could've saved money and worn them that way since I don't see myself tucking anything into them.  And that was not a narrow band.  But, I decided I might as well have the waistband moved down while getting them hemmed.  Of course, that just adds even more to the price of the pants.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Description says the fabric has 3 inches of stretch. For me that is too much stretch all over. I need my jeans to give me more support and not stretch that much. When there is too much stretch in a jean then that makes them have those rippling effects along the side seams all up and down.

Esteemed Contributor

The fabrication of these jeans are just like many fabrications I've seen in other retail.  It contains at least four fibers (including elastane).  Don't see how hers can be that much different from the Democracy jeans I like now.  I have up on NYDJ years ago because of the bagging out by end of day.

I just prefer a bootcut.  Scared to purchase some bootcut styles because I have to spend extra money to have them hemmed because I'm short.  A 29 inch inseam on a bootcut jean is too long for me.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Anyone who thinks TV shopping isn't entertaining should have tuned into Marla last night.  She was in rare form.  I laid in bed watching and laughing out loud.

I like the jeans and the straight legs but I have absolutely no need for another pair or a place to put them.  I already have many pairs in all the colors offered.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The cut seems very small to me, the size 16 fits a 41 inch hip, usually a 16 would be about a 44 to 45 inch hip.