Honored Contributor

Re: Wynne Layers - New Collection

@Roni18 wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I picked up these cigarette pants in the dusty blue and wore them for the first time last weekend with the butterfly top.  They are super comfy!  (They make full length pants for me.)marlawynne-flatterfit-printed-cigarette-pant-d-20170131142139307~517995_RSR.jpg

I just put them out with the 2 tanks and they look really good with the chiffon tank so now I'm thinking I might need to try to get that blue pullover top too!   Good Grief!  I am going to bankrupty myself on Marla and Iman!

that's darling.  Her pants, though, do not fit me.  I'm afraid to risk a return.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I got my Beauty and the Beast Marla items tonight.  marlawynne-ombre-capelet-d-2017030100213805~523219_DW2.jpg

I got this top in blue.  Very flowy and cute.  The material is a combo of linen and viscose and it is not as soft as my other items from Marla, but not too scratchy. 

I also got the topper.  I got it in a M/L but could easily have gotten it in the S/M because it's very oversized.  It is very similar in material to the kimono topper she had last year.  marlawynne-topper-d-2017022711363996~523204_0C4.jpg

And last, I got the pants as shown above.  Love the pattern.  As I suspected, they are too long for me, but in the presentation Marla claimed that they might shrink in length when washed.  They are not as slim legged on me as in this picture-lots of extra room in the back of the leg, but i don't know that I could go down a size in the waist.  I may end up keeping them as they will go well with the other dusty blue pieces I have but I'm a little disappointed they didn't fit as well as the cigarette pants I got from Marla's line. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

I need to steer clear of this show!  Ha! I might watch just to see if their are any sale prices just for the show.

I bought one tank and one of the chiffon tanks to go underneath.  I am sending back the "boxy top" and exchanging it for a larger size.  I ordered it using the garment measurements but it is much tighter than I prefer.  I think they are good quality items and I can mix what I bought with my other Marla items and'or my Chico's travelers.   I like the layers items but I might wait until they go on clearance to pick up more. 

My "Beauty and the Beast" Marla items should have been delivered to my parents house today.  They might come up tonight or this weekend so hopefully I will get them soon.  I will review once I do. 

@Roni18 - I think you bought the dusty blue sheer pullover top?  Did you buy the dusty blue tank and the sheer tank? Would you wear all 3 together? The sheer tank would req something under it. I'm wondering if I should get both tanks or just the non sheer one TY

@Chi-town girl  I did not order the pullover top- although I'm tempted.   I ordered this:

wynnelayers-matte-jersey-modified-box-top-d-2017021611282272~517709_1L7.jpg

But the garment measurements were off on this one and I ended up ordering it too small.  I just sent it back today to see if I can exchange for a larger size.

I ordered these 2 tanks in the blue:

wynnelayers-chiffon-turnaround-tank-with-side-slits-d-2017021613310828~517679_0C4.jpgwynnelayers-matte-jersey-boat-neck-tank-with-side-slits-d-2017022115064107~517704_1L7.jpg

The two tanks together are really cute and I can wear the sheer one under some other tops.  I hadn't really thought of wearing it over another tank but I see they are doing it in some of the photos.  

With the sheer pullover top I think all you would need is one of the solid color tanks to go underneath.  In their photo, it looks maybe like they have the "crepe" tank under it. 

I like that Natori shirt.  I need to go see if anything I have under my favorites has gotten marked down. 

@Roni18 - oooo, I love the look of the sheer tank under the solid.  It's a distinctive look, didn't realize it was the same sheer top. Dang, I guess I need both tanks Woman LOL TY

The reason I'm watching tonight is to see how she styles all of these layers...$$$, lol! I have one of the tanks you ordered Chi and I know she's bringing in more..so many more MW fans out there..I got 2 of those dusters today, they fit great and they'll make another layer..(so happy they marked them down)..enjoy the show tonight! xox

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

I'm not getting to watch tonight because my company is watching another channel.  Y'all let me know what looks cute together!

Trusted Contributor

@Roni18

You said: "And last, I got the pants as shown above.  Love the pattern.  As I suspected, they are too long for me, but in the presentation Marla claimed that they might shrink in length when washed.  They are not as slim legged on me as in this picture-lots of extra room in the back of the leg, but i don't know that I could go down a size in the waist."

MW's pants DO shrink in length, about an inch -- and that's washing in cold water, hanging over chair to dry. Also, it sounds as if your pants may be too large with all the extra room in the back of the leg. You might want to try one size down. I was afraid to do that when I had the same experience with her FLATTERFit pants, but I went down a size, and the waist stretched. I didn't believe it would, but it did! I've been wearing the smaller size in her pants ever since.

Customer Service will exchange for you (no charge for s/h) if there is a smaller size available. I always ask that for that, because I rely on the representations and do my best to choose the right size when I order. You can wait to return the first pair until the smaller one arrives and then choose the one that fits better.  Smiley Happy  (Just my two cents here!)

Respected Contributor

The matte jersey is a beautiful fabric and launders well. I purchased the boxy matte in blue and cloud.

The chiffon cardigans are so pretty and flowy.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:
MarlaWynne Disney's Beauty and the Beast Metallic Jacket
523-149
MarlaWynne Disney's Beauty and the Beast Jacket
MarlaWynne Disney's Beauty and the Beast Jacket

I love that jacket in the champagne color!  It's gorgeous.  I'm bummed I missed it.

I did like one chiffon tank last night and I liked the flared-bottom pants.  I didn't purchase, but I liked several items.

BRC looked good in the pants, and she usually is swallowed up in MW's clothes.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I love that jacket in the champagne color!  It's gorgeous.  I'm bummed I missed it.

I did like one chiffon tank last night and I liked the flared-bottom pants.  I didn't purchase, but I liked several items.

@winamac1

I noticed that too. Didn't she have it belted? She did something that gave the outfit some structure...

I'm curious to see how many Logo trashers will be ewwing and ahhing over MW's layers. No they're not identical but there are certainly very obvious similarities...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@winamac1

I noticed that too. Didn't she have it belted? She did something that gave the outfit some structure...

I'm curious to see how many Logo trashers will be ewwing and ahhing over MW's layers. No they're not identical but there are certainly very obvious similarities...

I actually liked some of MW's offerings more.  Logo has gotten too "odd" lately for me.