Super Contributor

Re: Writing reviews when fit is an issue

my ORIGINAL#20 post was immediately cached for censorship! LoL That's why I don't write reviews anymore. . . .

Super Contributor

I think if something is short - or long and you know this is not a good look for you, then no you shouldn't mark it down for that.

However too large armholes are another issue. They essentially make the garment unwearable as is - without layering something else to avoid showing your undergarments.

I also think it is fair to mark the garment down if its actual measurements are off of the click here measurement - again making the fit problematic and/or the garment unwearable.

If the material pills or the item shrinks when washed as instructed - again I'd mark it down.

Design is wonderful, but these are not items to be admired on hangers and if you can't wear them and/or they don't hold up to normal care, then I would not recommend them no matter how wonderful Jac looks in them on the runway.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/1/2014 Dagna said:

I think if something is short - or long and you know this is not a good look for you, then no you shouldn't mark it down for that.

However too large armholes are another issue. They essentially make the garment unwearable as is - without layering something else to avoid showing your undergarments.

I also think it is fair to mark the garment down if its actual measurements are off of the click here measurement - again making the fit problematic and/or the garment unwearable.

If the material pills or the item shrinks when washed as instructed - again I'd mark it down.

Design is wonderful, but these are not items to be admired on hangers and if you can't wear them and/or they don't hold up to normal care, then I would not recommend them no matter how wonderful Jac looks in them on the runway.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Regular Contributor

I have said this about the reviews for a long time. I think a review is much more helpful if it mentions hings such as fit and fabric. To me, it is less helpful when items are reviewed as to liking the color - that's more subjective. Personally, I'm not fond of any of the colors anymore since everything seems to come in the same shades. Once I have one of each color that suits my coloring, I won't be buying anymore. A black top pretty much looks, at first glance, like any other black top. I prefer no one thinks I only have one top I wear every day.