Honored Contributor

wrote:

They're lovely for those with waistlines.

@insomniac2

This is true but it also creates the illusion of one for those without. Give it a try 

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo,

They look very nice in the models and could be also a good idea for a dress, so yes🌻

Respected Contributor

Andreatoo, I'm shortwaisted, so even an illusion that a waist is there eludes me.

I have certain items that work for me, though!

Respected Contributor

Ah, Tuppermore, I'm with you all the way!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I think those tops are made for your figure.I will have to try one though because I used to look good in those styles and I still love them.I like the red one best.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wrap tops: Yay or nay?

[ Edited ]

A true wrap top is a no for me.  I end up spending all day fiddling with it and being uncomfortable.  Then I'm annoyed.  LOL

A faux wrap top or a wrap inspired top, I'm good with those.  Some of them pictured here are very cute.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I love the second one.  The first one is too low cut.  The third one I'm not sure about, but probably wouldn't buy it.

Edited to say:  I found the second one at Top Shop.  I don't like the way it's made in the back.  That's too bad.  I love it in the front.

@NickNack same here, I loved the front of it, then looked at the back.  I'd never wear it to my office, but it would be cute with jeans for a night out.  (I love the tie detail at the back waist - SO wish it didn't have that long opening at the top).

wraptop.PNG

Honored Contributor
@Mj12 wrote:

wrote:

I love the second one.  The first one is too low cut.  The third one I'm not sure about, but probably wouldn't buy it.

Edited to say:  I found the second one at Top Shop.  I don't like the way it's made in the back.  That's too bad.  I love it in the front.

@NickNack same here, I loved the front of it, then looked at the back.  I'd never wear it to my office, but it would be cute with jeans for a night out.  (I love the tie detail at the back waist - SO wish it didn't have that long opening at the top).

wraptop.PNG

@Mj12  The long opening at the top is what I really don't like.  I have a sweater that ties at the back, and I can't get it tied by myself to where it looks nice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have several of both the true wrap and the faux wrap and also a true wrap dress.  

Ultimately, I'm constantly pulling one side only because more of *one* is showing than the other. 

They are usually stretchy material and I'm always afraid of stretching them out worse, too.

The true wrap dress can give an eyeful of your upper thighs sometimes.  Just the way it may open when you are just simply standing in place.  And mine is a pretty huggie dress.

Respected Contributor

I love the 2nd and 3rd ones! Where can I find them?

True wrap tops are kind of annoying, but I like the look. I like things that give you shape.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu